acro eating spider

gacolt

Market
Reaction score
just ound that my tank has acro eating spiders.that's right SPIDER.i found them when i was flashlighting my tank at night.they eat acro and stars as i saw a few attacking a baby brittle.
Im not sure how to handle this one as dipping wont do anything.i have read interceptor works.
These little guys are creepy

Yeow! Not good, never heard of those before. Another reason to use dry rock, there are so many predators that come in on live rock.

Any ideas where they came from?

im getting a 60gallon shallow i hope this weekend and i will be doing a 6 week qt of all corals.they will be dipped every week and check for any pest daily.this sucks

Good eye. not sure I would've seen that. good luck with the QT process man.

gacolt;1022439 wrote: im getting a 60gallon shallow i hope this weekend and i will be doing a 6 week qt of all corals.they will be dipped every week and check for any pest daily.this sucks
If they can survive on other things than acro will you tear down the tank or just hope to starve them out ?

Tbub1221;1022446 wrote: If they can survive on other things than acro will you tear down the tank or just hope to starve them out ?
i dont know.i saw them attacking a brittle star so they might eat anything they can get.i might give something like interceptor a try but i have other pest in the tank majono,hydroiids,aptasia plus i have a bigger tank 8' that i have been thinking about upgrading to so this might be the best to do a long over due startover.i just dont know what to do with the fish?

gacolt;1022453 wrote: can you still get interceptor
Sentinel is similar to Interceptor and it's used to treat red bug. Speaking of Interceptor, here is good new:
VINNews.aspx

YIKES!

"Most are carnivorous and feed on Cnidaria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Sponge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Polychaete - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Bryozoa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Sea spiders are generally Predation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or Scavenger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. They will often insert their proboscis, a long appendage used for digestion and sucking food into its gut, into a Sea anemone - and suck out nourishment. The sea anemone, large in comparison to its predator, almost always survives this ordeal"
a>

do any of you guys/gals have a cheap shallow tank i can buy or trade for something with a footprint around 4' x 2' x 12''

hey mark, i have a friend trying to let go of a 65 shallow frag style tank. PM your number and i'll get you the info

I didn't realize that I was logged in as the Aviarium. PM me at barry_keith

dball711;1022424 wrote: Yeow! Not good, never heard of those before. Another reason to use dry rock, there are so many predators that come in on live rock.

Any ideas where they came from?
i have no idea where they came from,but i do buy all my corals off this site so other members on this site have them.

Back