Added more rock, how does it look?

your more than likley ok to dripp kalkwasser for your calcium alk and ph. Gym has the mix and can explane it to you. but you take three cap fulls of the mix and put it in 1 gal of distilled water. you then drip that mix in around 1 drip every 1-2 seconds. Well drip it after the mix settles. when you make the gal of kalkwasser it will be cloudy, you'll have to wait untill it clears up. I would guess with soft corals you'll go through 2 gal of kalk a week. But that's and easy to bring up you calcium and akl....it will keep your ph up too.

Also add some iodine and strontium and some reef minerals twice a week.

when i had a green carpet, I had 3 dominoes. They paid attention to nothing else in the tank other than the carpet. They might get aggressive when they get older, but I have no clue about temperament if one of those anemones are involved in the equation.

I will have to talk to Jim about the chem. I was told not to add anything to my tanks. That the water changes would take care of all my needs as of right now. But I am new to the salt water thing so I am still in the learning stage.

Are you using instant ocean slat mix? I think that salt mix makes the water 380 on calcuim, 12 on dkh, and 8.0-8.2 on ph.

with the corals you have now that should work out. The DKH lowers quickley to a more normal level. You may want to bring up calcium just a bit though.

how much and how often are you doing water changes?

Yes that is the salt I'm using. I have not done any water changes yet. I know I'm bad but I still have not done one. I keep adding water about 1 gallon every other day.

Back