Another run at an Office Tank... Grant's 57g Rimless Build

Got the custom Geo Nano Calcium Reactor and Nano Kalkwasser reactor in today. The Vertex took up too much space.

72ae1c2ff59f206be1261057067c7c95.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you guys placing your power bricks? I have so many power bricks that I don't know where to put them all.

ghbrewer;1052862 wrote: Where are you guys placing your power bricks? I have so many power bricks that I don't know where to put them all.

I went back to look through your pictures. You have a slight problem. I typically throw mine on top of my canopy (out of sight), but you have no canopy by design.

My next suggestion was going to be attached to the back of the stand somehow, between the stand and the wall. This doesn't look like much of an option for you either.

My next thought was on the wall behind the stand, but placing the power bricks that close to a potential leak, makes me nervous.

About the only other option I can think of at the moment, that would look good, is the addition of a basket/chest/cabinet of some sort sitting by the tank with all of the bricks in it.

Good luck!

Well, I was thinking about it on the way home. I guess that I could just take a couple of plywood scrap pieces that are about the same width of the power supplies and just zip tie them to it. I could then just stick it behind the tank and stand on its end. At least then they won't be resting on the ground or in the stand.

I have my power bricks sitting in a couple plastic shoeboxes in the stand, which should protect them if the inside of the stand flooded. Though I am planning on moving most of the electrical stuff to a cabinet next to the tank.

Watching an RODI fill is like watching grass grow...lol

Got SW in the tank! Just have to finish hooking up the Apex stuff, aqua scape, then seed with some matrix and rock from my DT.

8aef8722f83d35b2b72739e0957ca068.jpg
alt="" />

I have them out so that I have room to work in the stand while I finish up running wires for the apex modules, probes, etc...

What do you guys think of the rock scape? I am on the fence. I am thinking that I might need a tad more height on one side and need to remove the tonga looking pieces.

d096721992ab844c862a3e1e61efed6f.jpg
alt="" />

I would go for a little more height on the left and slop down to the right, which would give you more options for coral par requirements and a good look.

Ok, made some adjustments...

4c6968383b3f3de14d4433d15cd1aa09.jpg
alt="" />

1bbcdbcbb102ac769cd0049bf738110e.jpg
alt="" />

1e7d148c8d42b8a9ee4a7046b74e3630.jpg
alt="" />

bc4a9c77ca6e7b3a7d58cc0af31813eb.jpg
alt="" />

Still a bit cloudy from adding the sand, but I think I like the minimalist look overall. Lots of open area and space for rocks I might pickup with frags.

b5e7a5c1c916f86b23d8cfe96e8ecf71.jpg
alt="" />

ba756e1d797812753cb949410adc8082.jpg
alt="" />

Back