Another run at an Office Tank... Grant's 57g Rimless Build

Ok, that's good.. but yeah, I would be worried about it too. I'm really curious what Deep Blue will say.

Yeah, I am waiting to hear what they are going to do. Their first response was a canned "they are micro bubbles that are present in most tanks". I told them that it is not micro bubbles and to look at the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Urbanknight;1067214 wrote: Looking good bud! What food are you using in your AFS?

I am feeding the crossover diet that Neptune sells automatically once a day when I am here, and twice a day on the weekends (when I remember to jump on Fusion and manually have it do a feeding). Seems like good stuff, fish gobble it up. I am also feeding frozen a couple times a day (LRS, Rods Seaweed Blend, Rods Fish Eggs, and Rods Pacific Plankton).

I have to say that I am really impressed by the Geo Kalk Rx, just wish I would have hooked it up sooner.

man I wouldn't be able to focus working next to a toy like that!!

Is this a Deep Blue Professional Edge tank? I had one similar problem probably like 4 years ago now with one of those. Deep Blue can be a bit of pain to deal with... we ended up getting it replaced... but it was definitely a big hassle to get to that point. Also we still had the tank new at the store, so it never had water. We have been a bit nervous to carry the Edge tanks since that incident. I'm going to be very curious to see what they offer to do for you. I feel like they should do a replacement on the tank... but you never know =/ Either way I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully it will be good news.

Hello! neat looking setup, what Fuge is that? is it something you can grow copepods in too?

Also, where do you guys get good plumbing parts, I never seem to find what I need at HD/Lowes.

Thanks!
Craig

aXio;1067852 wrote: Is this a Deep Blue Professional Edge tank? I had one similar problem probably like 4 years ago now with one of those. Deep Blue can be a bit of pain to deal with... we ended up getting it replaced... but it was definitely a big hassle to get to that point. Also we still had the tank new at the store, so it never had water. We have been a bit nervous to carry the Edge tanks since that incident. I'm going to be very curious to see what they offer to do for you. I feel like they should do a replacement on the tank... but you never know =/ Either way I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully it will be good news.

It is a Deep Blue Professional Edge 57. The company finally got back to me and stated that they think the tank is fine, but I could contact my LFS to get a replacement if I so desired...So, looks like they are going to replace it. It took a couple weeks and a few emails, but they did stand behind their product.

typemismatch;1068061 wrote: Hello! neat looking setup, what Fuge is that? is it something you can grow copepods in too?

Also, where do you guys get good plumbing parts, I never seem to find what I need at HD/Lowes.

Thanks!
Craig

Hello Craig, the Fuge was custom built by Elite Aquatics, the same company that made my sump. I currently have a large basket ball size chunk of Chaetomorpha macroalgae growing in there. Great place to grow pods and algae. I like it, but I would much rather have something that could fit inside with the sump. I do not like integrated fuges, unless you can adjust the flow to the fuge separate from the main sump.

I am probably going to be building a new sump, fuge, ATO container, and dosing vessel when I get the new tank in. I like the current setup, but want to clean it up a bit more. Plus, it will be a fun project to put my new CNC router through its paces.

I typically buy most of my plumbing from Lowes (much better selection and quality plumbing than HD). Odd pieces I pick up from BRS and other online retailers.

Updated FTS

cff2fbdd906981f59f65f271c4b3e59c.jpg
alt="" />

1dde3ef537f63828fa132846421a1e54.jpg
alt="" />

Cool Tube Anemone

5c41580ac93c036d7d2bc20acc4bc5c4.jpg
alt="" />

Well, made a few changes...

Took the old tank back to Pure Reef and ended up getting a new 65g. On top of that, brought everything home and set it in the spot where I use to have another tank. Still have a lot of work to do, but glad to have a tank back at home. My daughter loves it...lol

b50a7028b242602aff41b65da7587082.jpg
alt="" />

8c6315e37e4a0930f11220b4b96c4ba3.jpg
alt="" />

hey grant the tank is looking great. idk where ive been everytime this thread pops up lol. how was the vectra when you had it turned all the way down? still too much? i was considering upgrading to a vectra m1 for my 40b. but if its too much for a 60 i may wait till (if) they come out with a s1

I don't know, I have been told by others that they were able to make it work with a smaller tank. I had mine running through a chiller and all over the place to a fuge, media rx, and calc rx. My single 1" durso overflow could handle it, but it was way too noisy. With your setup, it may work fine.

do you still have yours? and if so is there any way i could borrow it to try it out? id hate to buy one just to have it be too much and not be able to use it.

No, returned it for the wavelike apex compatible pump.

Back