Biocube 29 retrofit Question

theplantman

Market
Reaction score
It's time to add the fuge to the solana, and the 29 biocube gets the honors. (After all, it's not like one would use a Solana as a fuge for a biocube, that would be heresy):lol2:

Does anyone know if it is safe to remove the plastic panel separating the main tank from the filtration area behind. The way they wrapped the whole back area in plastic it is hard to tell if the glass panels run all the way around the tank. I want to open this sucker up and set the pumps the way i would like them which may mean altering the entire filtration area, or doing away with it entirely. Plus I need room to drill the glass for the bulkhead fittings I need to add along with the plumbing.

While I'm almost certain the false wall could be removed and the tank remain structurely sound, I question removing it at all.

True, I don't have the full visual of your idea, but the sump area could be used for many wonderful things that could benefit the tank. If it were me, I'd fill the sump area with live rock and live sponges, which could really work toward very stable parameters, but thats just me......

Yep, I just had the tank cleaned, kids are great, and I think there is actually enough room for all my equipment in the sump area plus some live rock. If I am lucky, I will be able to ge tmy hands on a Viper Metal Halide for it as well. I plan on losing the stock fixtures.

What type of lighting is the standard stock lighting for it?

MH over the fuge? Now you're just showing off. Why not use the back area for equipment and the "display" area for macros and rock to cultivate pods.

au01st;365496 wrote: MH over the fuge? Now you're just showing off. Why not use the back area for equipment and the "display" area for macros and rock to cultivate pods.

Actually, the back area will be the sump and euipment. The front area will be plants, algae, soft corals, and pipefish/seahorses/pods.

Dakota, the stock lighting is 36 watt actinic and 36 watt daylight, but I do not like the solid enclosed lid idea. I like airflow across the top of the water.

Back