Black Krylon Fusion Spray Paint and Saltwater

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
All the plumbing on my tank is white pipes. I'm going to use RIT dye to dye the smaller fittings black, but on larger pieces, I'm thinking about Krylon Fusion paint, the kind thats advertised to "bond" with plastic.

Anyone ever tried this?

I have a 5g bowfront that was orange trimmed that I painted black using this stuff but have yet to test the paints durability by adding water and waiting to see what happened.

From All I have read on this ,the Krylon Fusion is perfectly safe.Seems odd but there have been several people that have even had the painted pipe inside their Aquarium for extended periods of time like a couple years.But Im still skeptical and have yet to do this on my own tanks.
Why not just use the Klylon paint on the small fittings as well,then it will all match each other?

Hmmmm, ok, sounds safe enough, Kylon Fusion all the way then....

Thank you!

yeah just make sure you let it cure for more than two weeks so its shater proff then youll be ok good luck and pm me if you need any more info

I used it on my spray bar. you can see it in the last picture of my build thread.
showpost.php

yup used it on the piping on my nano. Worked just fine for the past 3 years.

I know of someone that used it for a large frag sytem. Ive been thinking of doing the same myself.

I used it on all my plumbing and PVC rock supports in my 450G. great for over a year now!

Back