Challenges right now for you?

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
So, what challenges are you facing with your tank right now? Facing a tank move? Algae? Unexplained STN?
What's going on?

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Fighting a little hair algae, but mainly under control.

Also working to color up my sps.

Setting up a new 90 gallon after we moved again. Finally purchased a home so I'm looking forward to the build. Just deciding on all the gadgets. Do t want to break the bank

Building a stand for a 265g tank, 180g sump, 125g tank and a 90g tank, get it cycled and move all coral and fish to their new home. Just finished the basement and have the wood for the stands, the tanks are in the barn going thru water testing. We are about 2 1/2 month behind schedule, I decided I couldn't live with the floor and the walls for the next 10 years.:D:lol2:

Time

Finally got the ATO feed from the garage and enjoying not caring buckets to fill the ATO reservoir.
But only half finished with auto water change and setting up a calcium reactor. Oh... And my skimmer pump started making noise, so the skimmer is off line until I can pull it out and see what's stuck in the pump.

Just need more than 24 hours in a day.

My only issue is lack of real estate .
Actually I have a killer in my tank , I think it's my coral banded shrimp , I had a fire shrimp and established cleaner shrimp go missing within 48 hours never found molts or shells at all and the next day something pulled 6 legs off of my arrow crab from the time I'd fed that morning to that evening , but I have 5 peppermint shrimp no one's ever touched and there fat and social and even clean me just like a skunk cleaner when I'm in the water , I've never seen my coral banded be ugly but I can't see any of my fish doing it without leaving evidence and I know inverts will eat other inverts shells , the arrow crab has since been moved and molten a few days ago and has all 10 legs back but I'm sad for my shrimps my first and only losses of 2016

Not having my big Bertha tank in my living room anymore....... It was kind of sad when the buyer picked it up yesterday.

Not having a tank at the office anymore, not sure how long I can let this be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my only real challenge right now is getting the fish i want lol. in the process of stocking my 40b and have been trying to get a purple firefish for the past 3 weeks but they have been out of stock. im going to keep trying though. also got a little bit of diatoms from the tank being new but they have mostly died off.

Picoreefguy;1085163 wrote: my only real challenge right now is getting the fish i want lol. in the process of stocking my 40b and have been trying to get a purple firefish for the past 3 weeks but they have been out of stock. im going to keep trying though. also got a little bit of diatoms from the tank being new but they have mostly died off.

Jorge just got a huge shipment in over at Pure Reef, think I remember seeing some purple firefish. Might be worth a call... They are also having a sale on corals right now.

ghbrewer;1085170 wrote: Jorge just got a huge shipment in over at Pure Reef, think I remember seeing some purple firefish. Might be worth a call... They are also having a sale on corals right now.

i would but it would cost me more in gas then the fish would cost lol. thats why i try to order through the local lfs which is only a couple miles down the road. if i were further south than id definitely hit him up. i was going to hit up rit last saturday when i was in the area but he was already closed by the time i got done with my other stuff.

Building and upgrading my system finishing plumbing today I hope.next hanging all the lights.plus a whole bunch of other things

I didn't chime in as the OP. I guess right now, besides finishing off Dinos, I'm trying to get things cleaned up.... Organizing the apex/ routing cables that kind of thing.
Always easier to pinpoint a failure point if things are tidy

SnowManSnow;1085251 wrote: I didn't chime in as the OP. I guess right now, besides finishing off Dinos, I'm trying to get things cleaned up.... Organizing the apex/ routing cables that kind of thing.
Always easier to pinpoint a failure point if things are tidy

Indeed my reefkeeper is a hot mess lol but I guess I will wait till I switch displays

jrhunter0000;1085254 wrote: Indeed my reefkeeper is a hot mess lol but I guess I will wait till I switch displays
You going to the meeting?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I would not really call it a challenge, but I am replacing filters after realizing I let them get too dirty before flushing. It does not helo that I have been overfeeding so I have very high phosphates. Replaced 2 first filters and running initial 50 gallons through it... and am running phosban.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Back