Chattanooga Aquarium Trip-Wed. or Thur.?

acroholic

Lifetime
Reaction score
Guys,
I have some free time middle of this week and I thought I might go to the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga on Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I have not seen their new addition (couple years old). I can drive if anyone wants to ride along. Gas is on me. I live in Sandy Springs. PM or post here if interested.

Thought it might be fun to go with folks who share the Reef interest.
Best,
Dave

Steve;194209 wrote: How does it cost to get in??? And why not the GAI?

I've been to the Georgia Aquarium recently. I like the Tennessee Aquarium better. Adult admissions are $19.95

Tenative list: Me, Jin, and Barb. Definitily have one spot left. I drive an MDX, and it has a fold down third seat. I could flip that up, but it might be cramped.
Dave

I would be interested, but I can't commit 100%. As of now I don't have any work those days, but due to the nature of my job that's subject to change at any second.

Steve;194238 wrote: What times are we talking about going?
Steve,
Plan is to meet at Saltwater City at 9 am sharp Thursday morning and drive up. Barb and I are definites, Jin needs to let us know, and we have one definite slot left and maybe another 1-2 if someone doesn't mind riding in the way back. No more than six total.
Dave

I love the Chattanooga Aquarium. It is top notch. An awesome layout, a very diverse collection. Dont miss the opportunity.

jmaneyapanda;194264 wrote: I love the Chattanooga Aquarium. It is top notch. An awesome layout, a very diverse collection. Dont miss the opportunity.

I haven't seen the Ocean Journey yet. It was slated to open just a few days after I was last there.

The one thing I like about the Tenn. Aquarium is that is has a lot of Biotope type displays, many more than I saw at the Atlanta Aquarium.
Dave

Current status: we have a definite three going, possibly five, one definite opening left.

Acroholic;194333 wrote: I haven't seen the Ocean Journey yet. It was slated to open just a few days after I was last there.

The one thing I like about the Tenn. Aquarium is that is has a lot of Biotope type displays, many more than I saw at the Atlanta Aquarium.
Dave

well the ocean jounery is really one big tank you walk around, and look at in different places, sorry to disapoint, but its not as diverse as the first building. Its still very nice though

ZDaytonaRoadster;194348 wrote: well the ocean jounery is really one big tank you walk around, and look at in different places, sorry to disapoint, but its not as diverse as the first building. Its still very nice though

No disappointment taken.

jgilley84;194869 wrote: well im on the way to pcb that morn so ill have to catch next trip you got a like so i can look up how to get there?

Just do a Google Search under "Tennessee Aquarium."

jgilley84;195055 wrote: im going to see if i can find a nice spot to dive around where ill be

I'm sure if you try really hard you'll have a good time!:up: Don't party too hard!
Dave

yeah my girl told me about a beach that is crystal clear so that should be fun, and parting too hard have you ever heard of that???? lol

Back