Coralife Dual Timer...turning off?

Mine is too "young" for salt creep. Although you bring up a good question, Jenn. What the heck do you do with all the salt creep on your plumbing? I went to wipe it off and some (if not all) fell back into the tank. I would assume that affects SG, no?

ericmcj31;340350 wrote: pfft! Make good PVC connections! lol

My connections don't leak! I don't know where it comes from, but I think it's just from the bubbling of the sump.

I'm considering mounting mine (Zilla, but identical to the Coralife) on the outside of the stand so it is removed from the mist/humidity of the sump. On one side you'd pretty much never see it.

Is the one you had the trouble with the digital or the analog?

I believe the "Zilla" model is the reptile version I mentioned earlier. Same as the fish version, just a different sticker. Have not heard of any problems with the digital model, but don't believe it is a dual timer. Both of my units that failed were dual analog, both were mounted inside the stand, but both were clean and well maintained.

You can knock salt creep back into the tank - don't let it build up so much that it would significantly affect your specific gravity if you knock it back in.

If you're getting lots of creep, you've done something wrong - a bit is normal and expected but if you're getting a lot of it in a short time, you need to adjust something.

Jenn

I didnt want to post my problem with this product but I am glad someone did. I am having a problem with mine. For about a week everything was good but then I would wake up about 3am and the Autinic would be on and then it stopped turning them off and not turning on the led lights. I had to plug the led lights in separately and turn on my autinics in the morning. I guess I will be going to wally world to get the one they have.

I used the same one for years and it only did that one time.. and I suspect I had the knob turned slightly off, so when the timer kicked off it shifted just enough to turn it a hair to the off position

Sounds like they are consistently inconsistent. Fortunately, most of us tend to use them for lighting. Important function? Yes. Critical support equipment causing catastrophic failure? Maybe not.

Thanks Jenn, I don't get too much. If I knocked it all off now, I might get 1/4 cup and it's been set up for almost 4 months now.

I have one that has decide to quit turning on my night lights after 3 years of operation.:(

Joe

texhorns98;340158 wrote: I thought about that too, but would tripping the circuit cause the actual switch to turn over? All I'm running on it is my T5s, 30w skimmer pump, LEDs, and my 60w fuge light. The skimmer is the only thing on there that is always on. Weird...<span style="color: black">let's see if Rob at Coralife gets back to me with an answer and I'll let you guys know</span>.</em> In doing some Googling (love how that's a verb now) I've found a lot of people who had issues with smoking and small fires...YIKES!

Any response from Coralife?

He was puzzled by the actual rocker switch turning over, but said he believes it's more a matter "what" I've got plugged in there than how much power I'm loading. Last night, I realized that my problem is probably pretty simple. I have ANOTHER power strip running off of one of the plugs on the timer. Probably not all that good for it! Still weird about the switch though...

Chymos45;340170 wrote: All I had plugged into mine was a 48" Coralife Lunar Aqualight. The model with 3 plugs - whites, actinics, and LED moonlights. That's it, and even then, the whites and the LED's were never on together.

Maybe in your specific case, but if it cannot handle ^ then what good is it?
Nah, I'm just bitter. Let's move on.

Back