Dave's young acropora forest

All I'm gonna say is the first pic is now the background on my laptop!:wow2:

Here are the pics that Kirru (Cory) requested. First is Tyree Soli. Second is Blue Milli. Sorry the milli pic is a bit blurred. the fish were cruising around looking for food. Pumps were off. Cory got a frag of each of these. These are top down, and no actinics. Lights are 400 watt 20K Helios. They are not that blue in person.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
331163=16463-IMG_0092.jpg
>
331163=16463-IMG_0092.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_0092.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
331163=16462-IMG_0093.jpg
>
331163=16462-IMG_0093.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_0093.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Got my new 400 watt helios 20 k today man I like the color!! par beast also
Fantastic tank Dave!!!!! You know a gem tang would look nice in there.

Wow they look great... mine (Tyree Soli) has started to encrust (and is almost finished encrusting) the frag disk and is turning green it looks awesome!!!

the Blue milling isn't blue is reddish purple now :) looks good to and is starting encrust the plug, but not as fast.

Great pics.. dave minus the one the fish ruin. lol, see not your fault... I should get some of mine to compare yours with... Thanks again for the frags I love em.

grouper therapy;331166 wrote: Got my new 400 watt helios 20 k today man I like the color!! par beast also
Fantastic tank Dave!!!!! You know a gem tang would look nice in there.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your bulbs from? I used to get mine from Premium, but they stopped carrying them becasue they had such a high return rate. I got the last 400 watt SE 20K Premium had a couple weeks ago. Its gonna suck if I can't find any more when I have to replace the ones on my 210.
Dave

Kirru;331179 wrote: Wow they look great... mine (Tyree Soli) has started to encrust (and is almost finished encrusting) the frag disk and is turning green it looks awesome!!!

the Blue milling isn't blue is reddish purple now :) looks good to and is starting encrust the plug, but not as fast.

Great pics.. dave minus the one the fish ruin. lol, see not your fault... I should get some of mine to compare yours with... Thanks again for the frags I love em.

Your lights can have a big effect of how the coral's color presents. I really did not see my colors pop until I put the Helios on the tank.

Reddish purple sounds nice for a milli as well.

I see I've been getting advice from the right person all along! You should be proud of that tank, it's amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Acroholic;331188 wrote: Your lights can have a big effect of how the coral's color presents. I really did not see my colors pop until I put the Helios on the tank.

Reddish purple sounds nice for a milli as well.

Yea it looks great now the milli is changing again. now its going 'green" lol seriously though. The tips and a few places are turning green. sweet!

My bulbs once they come in from the powerbuy will be

Back
Geissman Midday 6500k
" Midday 6500k
" Pure Actinic
" AquaBlue +
Front

I really want a 6 or 8 bulb but 8 might be to much... i need, i think, at least 6 to get good coverage all over the tank.

Once I put both those frags in the tank... i swear, it was like i put them on steroids or something they started growing really fast. i could really tell a difference.

Back