Dave's young acropora forest

Funny how this thread disappeared for months only to be resurrected.

This tank started developing intermittent STN right after the TOTM thread (5/09). I haven't been able to pin the blame on anything, as the water conditions, etc are within parameters, and I am good about maintenance, etc.

I'm getting ready to completely reaquascape this tank to a more open type layout. I have a Marineland Deep Dimensions 300 gallon tank that will be replacing it.

beccamc10;487575 wrote: What kind of flow do you have with that much sps

Besides the two returns from the Sump, four Tunze 6105s. About 12,000 gallons an hour circulation from the 6105s alone.

I would consider that amount of flow to be average for this size tank and coral display. If I used Vortechs, I'd have four MP40s.

Acroholic;487527 wrote:
I'm getting ready to completely reaquascape this tank to a more open type layout. I have a Marineland Deep Dimensions 300 gallon tank that will be replacing it.

Wow doing a little upgrade! Nice Dave!

One thing about a larger footprint tank is I forgot there are peripheral expenses as well. I thought I could just use my LB Minis I am using now, but no.....gotta go to LB larges, and then there is the flow, so two more 6105s or a set of Vortechs.

At least I can offset some of the cost by selling my old pendants, etc.

beccamc10;487609 wrote: We need to see picks of the chalice tank I keep hearing about

OK...here is a FTS of the 30 x 30 x 24 rimless under 6 x Powerbrite Actinics. The day lights don't come on until 4 pm. Normal lighting is 400 watt 20K Radium SE on CV dimmable ballast dimmed down about 15%. Simple PAS digital.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
487628=23032-Picture 197.jpg
>
487628=23032-Picture 197.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Picture 197.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Wow talk about pretty, I can't imagine what that chalice tank will look like all grown out.

Going by everyones reactions, this must look amazing but the pictures are not showing up for me :sad:

Any new ones?

ummmm yeah, what everyone else said....and then a wow.

Great job Dave.

Back