DC Return Pumps (Jebao, Waveline, Reef Octo)

We'll return pump died, so ordered a jebao dc 6000 hope it works well !

20140307_184007_zpsoiyrazcg.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Got my new pump today, this thing is dead silent !

Any updates from DC pump users. I am getting ready to purchase the pump, just want to see if anyone has been having any issues?

Mine quit the other day. Only used it to mix salt since the group buy
Cleaned the buildup off it. Still nothing

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

JohnIII;953141 wrote: Mine quit the other day. Only used it to mix salt since the group buy
Cleaned the buildup off it. Still nothing

Are you referring to a DC pump, or a Jebao Powerhead/wave maker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ghbrewer;953160 wrote: Are you referring to a DC pump, or a Jebao Powerhead/wave maker?

Dc12000

JohnIII;953169 wrote: Dc12000

Thanks for the update! I am beginning to get a little leery of the Jebao products. I just had my WP25 quit on me, and have been seeing a lot of other posts about Jebao products quitting after about a year's worth of use. I realize that the price difference is pretty significant when comparing to other brands such as Tunze and Ecotech Marine, but there is something to say about the durability and the reliability that comes with these higher end products. Hopefully some others can post with any updates, either positive or negative.

Last I checked, all 3 of these pumps were made in the same place. Don't think you'll get higher/lower quality with any of these 3.

Does anyone have one of these pumps plumbed into a manifold? Can they handle the back pressure?

ghbrewer;953179 wrote: Does anyone have one of these pumps plumbed into a manifold? Can they handle the back pressure?

If you run a pipe from manifold back into sump with a ball valve, you can eliminate the back pressure.

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">
JDW;953187 wrote: If you run a pipe from manifold back into sump with a ball valve, you can eliminate the back pressure.
</span></span>
<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana"></span></span>
<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">All pumps are designed to overcome pressure/head. The pump doesn't care if the pressure comes strictly from static head (difference in height between sump and tank) or from resistance in a manifold.</span></span>
<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana"></span></span>
<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">Backpressure cannot be eliminated only reduced with proper pipe design.</span></span>
<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">-Nick</span></span>

It allows your pump to run at full speed. You can regulate the flow into DT by the ball valve on the pipe running into the sump. If the ball is closed, then you hVe full flow from pump, as you open the valve the flow into sump increases and the DT flow decreases.

Edit: your pump stays operating at full speed.

Ringo®;953286 wrote: If you would use a wave line or reef octopus...then no.

I wouldn't use those either. Just that Jebeo name scares me for such an important component even though I guess you guys say they're all made in the same place. :wiggle:

ghbrewer;953174 wrote: Thanks for the update! I am beginning to get a little leery of the Jebao products. I just had my WP25 quit on me, and have been seeing a lot of other posts about Jebao products quitting after about a year's worth of use. I realize that the price difference is pretty significant when comparing to other brands such as Tunze and Ecotech Marine, but there is something to say about the durability and the reliability that comes with these higher end products. Hopefully some others can post with any updates, either positive or negative.

i think if it would of been on the tank it would have lasted longer. the salinity mix leaves residue. said residue caked the bearings. so the over current protection built into the ecm board would shut it down after about two seconds. both my wp40 pumps are still running. one is over a year. but i dont use the factory jebao controllers.

JohnIII;953289 wrote: i think if it would of been on the tank it would have lasted longer.

Sorry, but could you please clarify this statement.

Back