DC Return Pumps (Jebao, Waveline, Reef Octo)

i only used it to mix salt and do water changes. but i have salt mixing 24/7, the pump on the my display tank does not get buildup like the pumps used to mix salt.

JohnIII;953293 wrote: i only used it to mix salt and do water changes. but i have salt mixing 24/7, the pump on the my display tank does not get buildup like the pumps used to mix salt.

Gotcha, thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just an update:

Coral Vue, through their Reef Octopus line, released their next generation DC pumps that they have designed and constructed in house. Supposedly they are much beefier and better made than the Jebao and other brands/previous generations of DC return pumps. Just picked up the Reef Octopus DC-5500, hoping it works well.

Just arrived! Does seem to be better built. The pump housing is thicker and the controller box is made of aluminum.

y8y3u5uz.jpg
alt="" />

Includes a 2-year warranty.
But the pump housing looks to have a chinese company name, so maybe they were just designed by Coral Vue and built in China? Either way the pump feels of much higher quality than the Jebao I just got in the mail too.

I don't know if it is or not, supposedly the chip is embedded in the contoller and not in the pump like prior models. So, I do not know if the Reef Angle adapter (or Ebay cable) will work with this. I will see if I can get in touch with Coral Vue to see if they have any plans for Apex compatibility.

ghbrewer;967504 wrote: I don't know if it is or not, supposedly the chip is embedded in the contoller and not in the pump like prior models. So, I do not know if the Reef Angle adapter (or Ebay cable) will work with this. I will see if I can get in touch with Coral Vue to see if they have any plans for Apex compatibility.

Coral Vue stated that they do not directly accept 0-10v signals at this time. Have not (and probably will not) gotten a response if the Reef Angle adapter will work. I will post if I hear differently.

So I ordered a Jebao 12000. We will see how it holds up. Currently I have two Iwaki MD-100s (which are invincible). A primary and a backup that I swap out yearly. I am interested in the quiet and the ability to change flow. We will see how long it lasts. I can always drop back.

I was surprised, Coral Vue got back to me and stated that they do not know if the Reef Angel adapter will or will not work or not. I will not be the first to try....

ghbrewer;967723 wrote: I was surprised, Coral Vue got back to me and stated that they do not know if the Reef Angel adapter will or will not work or not. I will not be the first to try....

If they are like the jebao they need 0-5 v.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

JohnIII;967730 wrote: If they are like the jebao they need 0-5 v.

From my understanding, that is what the adapter/cable from Reef Angel does.
It takes 0-10v signal and converts it into 0-5v, allowing you to control the pump from a 0-10v signal.
What really makes me wonder if it will work with these pumps is the fact that the pump chip is not in the pump like previous versions, it is now in the controller.

ghbrewer;967731 wrote: From my understanding, that is what the adapter/cable from Reef Angel does.
It takes 0-10v signal and converts it into 0-5v, allowing you to control the pump from a 0-10v signal.
What really makes me wonder if it will work with these pumps is the fact that the pump chip is not in the pump like previous versions, it is now in the controller.

That is exactly what the cable does. I made my own cables for <$5 from radioshack.

JohnIII;967735 wrote: That is exactly what the cable does. I made my own cables for <$5 from radioshack.

Could you share how you accomplished this?

Back