DIY denitrator - anyone build one?

Yep there is an o-ring that fits in there to seal it up. It fits in a groove on the motor/impellar end.

If anyone up the GA400 corridor needs to borrow anything required to assemble a denitrator, let me know. I'd be happy to assist. Got extra CPVC pipe + fittings, JG valves & fittings and tools including the Forstner bit and 3/8 pipe tap.

i'm sure sad i missed this build too, i can start saving 3" pvc off the job sites if this may happen again some time. there's alot of waste in the construction industry and 3" - 30" sections pvc is one of the items (foamcore). :bubba:

I'm already noticing a decline in algae in some low-flow areas of the tank.

dkelly;403366 wrote: I'm already noticing a decline in algae in some low-flow areas of the tank.

thats what i need less algae, more light, more flo

Bump. I see the mj 900 for a recirculator pump but what feed pump is used?

Did they use 3" pipe and just epoxy or glue the mj900 inplace. I gues the outlet is the hole on top or side?

I feed mine off a header on the return. Doesn't need much flow...you will set it up to drip slowly anyway.

MarkL;440087 wrote: Bump. I see the mj 900 for a recirculator pump but what feed pump is used?

OK after running this thing for 4 plus months the thought finally occurred to me.

One of the by products of this reaction is gas. Each of us commonly walk by and "de- gas" our reactors.

As I was commonly doing this tonight I though why not put the discharge at the top? Akin to a 2 stage CA reactor. Kill two birds with one stone. Most of us put a gas discharge valve at the top anyway...let that be where we connect the line for actual effluent discharge.

Looking for comments/suggestions as if it were this easy hundreds of posts and builds between here and on RC could be improved. One less item to check/verify makes this hobby that much more enjoyable as I plant myself in front of my tank.

two things.

If your maxijet is leaking around to volute, you can take about about 2ft of teflon tape fold it in half twice and then role it up. Then wrap that around the stock oring and put the pump back on. I had to jam it on there to get it on, but it worked like a charm.

Two, you do not want to use the same port for de-gassing and the outlet. For some reason I forget, this causes the flow rate to change. I tried running mine like that and could not keep the drip rate set for more then a day.

If your as lazy as I am, you can get a small solinoid valve and a timmer. Mine just opens the valve for 2 min every day. But I will have to take it off till I can get a new valve for my ATO.

Back