DIY valve-actuator connection help please

outdrsyguy1

Market
Reaction score
Need ideas on how to do this.
My valve stem is too large and not king enough. Would like to cap it with a metal rod that extends up about 3" which will insert into my actuator.
I'll drive the actuator with my apex to control flow int the tank to different supply lines.

Having trouble figuring out how to connect the two.
58b82e622c2933d6b461671ebc3dec3b.jpg
alt="" />
eed4b4628514708964b5d7f7b0e73d9b.jpg
alt="" />
b433eed86be19bdcc979478f6a1e3a26.jpg
alt="" />
9d79ba28dd3cb4137a012d51204c664a.jpg
alt="" />

Valve stem is not tall enough I was trying to say. And it's 3/4" and the largest rod for my actuator would be 1/2"

Wow. My mind is really not working today. Picture might help more.
045bcb196650683d63ef9136c4e7053c.jpg
alt="" />
c281c965e1853d32970ba764ea2dd9f7.jpg
alt="" />

You looking for a Ball valve Stem extension kit. That's what it would help you reach further away from valve body. Hayward makes them.

I had this whole huge response typed out and got sucked away to technical data. Turns out my actuators I got for free are only 6 nm and I need 15 nm so the point is probably moot. Looks like US plastics offers cepex and actuators at special request so i'll give them a call tomorrow and see how much. I'm betting $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I've seen people use motorized swimming pool diverters with their tanks years ago. Here is a page of the actuators that can be used with various size and type valves.

I'm sure there are tons of types and places to buy them, this is just the first place I found that I could link you to to illustrate the part. I've never bought from this place.

a>

The ones I had were drive open and spring return closed. But if it's drive open drive close then it gets complicated.
Thanks for the tip schwaggs! I actually have a couple of the Hayward actuators on my pool and it never occurred to me. I'll see if I can disconnect on to find out if it would fit my cepex valve.

Expensive but at least https://www.grainger.com/category/electric-valve-actuators/valve-actuators-enclosures-and-accessories/plumbing-valves/plumbing/ecatalog/N-rih#nav=%2Fcategory%2Felectric-valve-actuators%2Fvalve-actuators-enclosures-and-accessories%2Fplumbing-valves%2Fplumbing%2Fecatalog%2FN-rihZ1z03xtu">Grainger</a> has it on clearance.

At 136 inch lbs it should be enough. That's a little over 15Nm.

How did this end up?
Have you check the Pentair shop @ Jimmy Carter? I've never been there but they specialize in control valves.

I ended up with diy lols. Tried the actuator I have and it seems to work fine. Maybe because I'm only running my valves a reef tank pressures and not the crazy psi these valves are rated for. Here's a pic.
5e498e44a7ee809bb45fc1c6bf08b960.jpg
alt="" />
Now I just need to figure out how to secure the actuators so they don't rotate the body.

Back