electrical grounding probe or no?

i'm with the parallel explanation and understand the concept of the resistive laws, so would the G.P. being a metal conductor not allow more flow through it than you, much so that you might get a tingling that an actual shock?

I'm still trying to fine evidence that it worth trying it out or not.
right now I have no electrical issues with my tank, I have not put a meter on the tank to determine if there is voltage or not other than the finger test, so what's the harm in dropping a probe in?

MYREEFCLUB0070;1067945 wrote: i'm with the parallel explanation and understand the concept of the resistive laws, so would the G.P. being a metal conductor not allow more flow through it than you, much so that you might get a tingling that an actual shock?

Yes, the resistance would be less in the ground probe than in you and therefore more current would flow through it. But, in doing so, will the GFCI see the imbalances it is designed to monitor or would the monitoring be skewed because the ground probe diverts some of the current? Would the GFCI still function as designed? My guess is that there is a risk that it will not.

Another issue is setting up a difference of potential from multiple grounding sources. Ask yourself why code doesn't allow you to drive a separate ground rod to ground something on the other side of a house. It was found, that by doing so, you have a difference of potential between ground sources. This actually will cause current flow when you would otherwise not have any.

Everyone is free to do what they like, but after 30+ years of studying and putting into practice everything I have learned about electrical theory, I will never use a ground probe.

MYREEFCLUB0070;1067947 wrote: I'm still trying to fine evidence that it worth trying it out or not.
right now I have no electrical issues with my tank, I have not put a meter on the tank to determine if there is voltage or not other than the finger test, so what's the harm in dropping a probe in?

To answer your question:
1. false sens of security
2. causing the GFCI to not function properly
3. actually creating current flow

well like I say, every day is a day to learn something an as your so so much older than I am Rich :D i'll respect you wisdom, no ground probe.:boo:

Back