Eli's Senior Project

LOL YOU GUYS ARE GREAT! Who would have figured they'd make something called a filter sock holder :D I feel silly now.

On the bright side I rigged a way to hold the bags under the return so I should be good :D

Blus4ala I always subscribe to the "anything is better than nothing" theory and if you're not going to need it I'd graciously take it off your hands. I really appreciate the support and I'm glad to say the LED you donated is up and running over the tank.

I'm going to go take pictures of the system right now. Everything is up and running (including the lights) and I cant wait to start adding coral.

ElitheLion;1057464 wrote: LOL YOU GUYS ARE GREAT! Who would have figured they'd make something called a filter sock holder :D I feel silly now.

On the bright side I rigged a way to hold the bags under the return so I should be good :D

Blus4ala I always subscribe to the "anything is better than nothing" theory and if you're not going to need it I'd graciously take it off your hands. I really appreciate the support and I'm glad to say the LED you donated is up and running over the tank.

I'm going to go take pictures of the system right now. Everything is up and running (including the lights) and I cant wait to start adding coral.

:thewave: :thumbs: :yay: :yay:

Keep us posted on any events where you may need some more donations or supplies. Glad to see you made it to this milestone. Now is the time to get the popcorn popping and the entrance tickets printed for the educational experience for all the visitors whom want to be inspired to learn.

Wannabee

Sounds good. Give me a few days to dig up a box. Hopefully another forum member has a few pounds of live rock they can spare.

Again, Good luck!

Alright guys, here's where the money is. Here's the pictures

1057476=64895-1103151929.jpg
>
1057476=64895-1103151929.jpg
class="gc-images" title="1103151929.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>
1057476=64896-1103151929a.jpg
>
1057476=64896-1103151929a.jpg
class="gc-images" title="1103151929a.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>
1057476=64897-1103151930.jpg
>
1057476=64897-1103151930.jpg
class="gc-images" title="1103151930.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>
1057476=64898-1103151929b.jpg
>
1057476=64898-1103151929b.jpg
class="gc-images" title="1103151929b.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

Eli,
What part of the mountains are you located in? I would be more than willing to give you a hand and check out your setup as well.

Jeff

Woodies_150;1057597 wrote: Eli,
What part of the mountains are you located in? I would be more than willing to give you a hand and check out your setup as well.

Jeff

I'm at Pickens side of Ellijay. Right off 136

Some more pictures after I did some rock work in the tank. Still gotta get more LR for sump.

Anyone got a par meter? I'm really interested to get some lsr levels. The tank is only 12" deep, but I have the leds about 30" above the tank. It looks like I'm getting plenty of light, but I don't really know exactly what setting they need to be at.

1057824=64930-IMG_20151105_200228979.jpg
>
1057824=64930-IMG_20151105_200228979.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_20151105_200228979.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

Thanks Bfs. Today I picked up a yellow tang for algae control, and to get some nutrients into the tank (since its planned to mostly be lps). Two new heaters came in yesterday so I can keep it at a constant 76 Fahrenheit. All params are perfect, and everything is ready to go. In the coming months I plan on adding a variety of lps, and more CC as needed.

Anyone have some suggestions on cc, fish, coral etc? Looking to make sure there's no flaw in my logic.

Big update guys. Everything is now framed, just waiting on the OSB. The door, windows, plastic, and some of the 2x4's were all off a previous job site.

The picture uploading doesn't seem to be working on the site. Here's a link to the pictures the album. - http://imgur.com/a/BWo5s">http://imgur.com/a/BWo5s</a>

Got big plans coming guys, stay tuned and give me your feedback!

Today I drove down to Norcross to get some frags and dry rock from an awesome ARC member, Ricky5415.

He gave me a duncan, birdsnest, mushroom and some various zoas. Everything is now in the frag tank and looking great :yay:

I'll try to get some more pictures tomorrow, but until then here's a pic of the awesome birdsnest. (still getting the error in the upload to the site)

http://imgur.com/cgQDSKk">http://imgur.com/cgQDSKk</a>

Super psyched to get the coral growing!

Sorry to have missed you at the meeting. I brought lots of Kenya Tree but I didn't see you there.

Catgirl29;1060736 wrote: Sorry to have missed you at the meeting. I brought lots of Kenya Tree but I didn't see you there.

I had it all planned out to come, but then a family thing came up. Really sorry to have missed you

I'm glad to see your project coming together. Hopefully you can get the younger children interested and maybe one of them will decide to become a Marine Biologist. That would be Absolutely Wonderful. Keep us posted.

Wannabee

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1061155 wrote: I'm glad to see your project coming together. Hopefully you can get the younger children interested and maybe one of them will decide to become a Marine Biologist. That would be Absolutely Wonderful. Keep us posted.

Wannabee

Thanks wannabee, if anyone wants to come check out the project let me know. As of now I have 3 coral types - Mushrooms, duncan, and pocillopora. I also got ahold of a pink tip Haitian, and rock anemone. I find the rock anemones particularly interesting and look forward to observing and propagating. What I've done is put the Haitian in a tubaware container with sand and rock to keep it from roaming. So far it seems to be doing great.

Hi, the system is going well!

I managed to fix my old protein skimmer with a drill, silicone, and a little elbow grease. It's much tpo small for the system, but so far it's skimming like crazy :yay:

I've added a variety of corals (see album below) but I still have room for a whole lot more :D

I'm also working on adding another 50gal brute to the system, not sure why, but why not :D I was thinking of using as a tank to grow macro-algae and pods in.

Hopefully we can get some life back into this thread with some picture of these super colored coral :D

a>

Hey Eli this project sounds awesome! I wish i had an idea like this while i was in school. I am brand new to this hobby and am setting up my first tank now. it will be a FOWLR. If i have any left over rock i would be happy to donate it if its still needed. is there anything else you still need? PM me, I would happy to help in anyway possible!

Back