fish food

brianjfinn;586823 wrote: For the shrimp, do you guys shell them before they go in the blender?
yeah remove the shells the fish would just spit it out .
wow there are a ton of ways or reciepts to go by some on the net say to use jellitin before freezing , I am for sure going too add garlic the next time around .:up:

merkywater;586752 wrote: Awesome stuff guys, this is so interesting! I've been in hobby for near 15 yrs and you would think I would have done something like this. I guess the only reason I haven't is the wife lol she would not go for me blending all this in her Kitchenaid blender. I may have to go to Wally World and purchase a super cheap one and play with this as well!

LOL, I too had to go to Wal*Mart and pick up a small cheap food processor. Once I started making my own food, everything began looking so much better. I guess it's just like us eating fresh unprocessed food being healthier too. I make small batches so it's more fresh, but I don't know how much of a difference that makes.

Miami Dolfan;586765 wrote: I do the same thing with 2lbs of shrimp and 2 bags of seafood mix then transfer it into ice cube trays. Wife is always B****ing about the smell.

My wife B****es as well when I make my batch. :lol2:I use the same stuff as others except for the fish roe. I'll have to add that in the next time. I went to making my own food about 6 or 7 mths ago when I purchased a Moorish Idol that wasn't eating well. When I got him he was about 2 inches and when I started feeding him this stuff he took off, now he's about 7 inches and looks good. Curious to where you get the seafood bag mix and the cost? It might be cheaper than picking things up individually at the farmers market..

Mike

mlevant;587627 wrote: curious to where you get the seafood bag mix and the cost? It might be cheaper than picking things up individually at the farmers market...

+1

I have bought the mix bag with no additives at ......
(drumrole please)..........
WALMART!
Worked fine for me. I get the pollock roe, nori and whole seaweed I add from the asian market.
Now panda.....that's who's recipe ya need

The mixed seafood pack is $4 at Publix and $3.35 at the Buford Farmers market. I toss in the raw shrimp in with shell, antennae and all. The fish sem to eat all of it as long as it's all chopped up.

Are you guys using fresh or frozen fish? Also are you guys adding any fish additives like garlic guard or cyclopese?

Miami Dolfan;587672 wrote: The mixed seafood pack is $4 at Publix and $3.35 at the Buford Farmers market. I toss in the raw shrimp in with shell, antennae and all. The fish sem to eat all of it as long as it's all chopped up.
The bigguns dig the ruffage. The ones with teeth enjoy the shell...even hardshells

Mockery;587674 wrote: Are you guys using fresh or frozen fish? Also are you guys adding any fish additives like garlic guard or cyclopese?

I've been using fresh fish along with some Kent Garlic Xtreme and Kent Zoe as additives. I occasionally throw in some cyclopese, silverslides and krill.

Mike

Mockery;587674 wrote: Are you guys using fresh or frozen fish? Also are you guys adding any fish additives like garlic guard or cyclopese?
cyclopeeze (freezedried) and fresh garlic

Smoothie and Miami Dolfan thxs for the info!! :up: I will check my local Walmart, Publix and the Dekalb farmers market on my next visits for the mixed seafood pack...

Mike

Be sure to add some garlic guard or selcon to make it more appealing and vitamin enriched :up:

Miami Dolfan;587686 wrote: Be sure to add some garlic guard or selcon to make it more appealing and vitamin enriched :up:
+1 and check the local asian markets. They will haggle with ya

Back