Fish Store More closing sale

curator

Market
Reaction score
Beginning tomorrow, the Fish Store and More will be starting their liquidation sale with many items 25-50% off.

I was there today and they didn't say anything about closing.Are you sure?

chrisjet;84513 wrote: I bet the other LFS's are happy

Maybe so but probable not. My store was 4 miles from TropAquarium, Sharks Bay and Fishstore and more. When Trop and Sharks Bay closed they did not make any real noticeable difference in the bottom line of my and other stores.

I think good LFS create interest and hobbyist. The problem is they cant keep them as customer. They eventually loose allot of them to LOWER Price Internet stores, ebays...

Not sure but it seems that no one in the aquarium industry wins when a Good LFS closes. Even the bulk of Internet customers come from LFS. As the good LFSs continue to drop off, icant help but wonder where will the hobby be in the future.

Curator;84490 wrote: Beginning tomorrow, the Fish Store and More will be starting their liquidation sale with many items 25-50% off.

With stuff being 25% off, that should bring their prices in line with other LFS's!

CGill311;84533 wrote: With stuff being 25% off, that should bring their prices in line with other LFS's!
I agree, guess Mark-Up and More won't be swindeling me anymore.

chrisjet;84513 wrote: I bet the other LFS's are happy

This is bobby at CBA. Although on the surface most of you might think all the other LFS's are happy with their closing, when in reality, most of us are not. This makes 2 long standing stores going out of business within the same year, the other being Under the Wave. I do not know exact reasons for either one of them shutting down, but I can say from first hand knowledge that the e-tailers have put a killing on all LFs's. I can understand buying big ticket items such as lights, chillers, and skimmers on-line. But too often we see too many threads for group buys on live animals which all the LFS's have. Throw in the price of shipping,box charges, and the hassle is it really worth it?? Especially when we see that most of the group buys are for bread and butter type of stuff, all LFS's have it. Is it really worth it to save 5 bux on a yellow tang?? I thought this was the Atlanta Reef Club, which helps support Atlanta's reef stores. Pretty soon there will be no more LFS's and no new hobbiest, then no more hobby if this keeps it up.
Bobby

CAPPUCCINOBAY;84581 wrote: This is bobby at CBA. Although on the surface most of you might think all the other LFS's are happy with their closing, when in reality, most of us are not. This makes 2 long standing stores going out of business within the same year, the other being Under the Wave. I do not know exact reasons for either one of them shutting down, but I can say from first hand knowledge that the e-tailers have put a killing on all LFs's. I can understand buying big ticket items such as lights, chillers, and skimmers on-line. But too often we see too many threads for group buys on live animals which all the LFS's have. Throw in the price of shipping,box charges, and the hassle is it really worth it?? Especially when we see that most of the group buys are for bread and butter type of stuff, all LFS's have it. Is it really worth it to save 5 bux on a yellow tang?? I thought this was the Atlanta Reef Club, which helps support Atlanta's reef stores. Pretty soon there will be no more LFS's and no new hobbiest, then no more hobby if this keeps it up.
Bobby

Im all for supporting a LFS. But! when you can get a royal gramma online for .99 and then go to a LFS and they have a $35 price tag you can understand why. Also I was in 2 LFS's and for example, they had maxi jet 1200's for 39.99 you can get them online for 15-19 bucks. So your saying that if you come to my dealership and I had a 07 Commander for 40k and you saw the same truck in Mississippi online for 30k you would by mine to support my store? Not trying to offend anyone here but come on.:unsure:

Also, if your tired of the group buys (although im never part of them just MO) Then maybe you should get with someone and have one. Im sure the folks on here would clear your shelves if the deals were there. right?!

35 for a royal gramma is too much and cost half that at cba at most LFS's. and i am sure the .99 sale was a mega sale not a normal price. yes, when we put things on sale they are real cheap. if you are going to have an argument at least compare apples to apples. Not the one time an etailer has a sale vs. the highest price you have ever seen in an LFS. "come on". Also my real complaint is not hard goods, its live animals. Drs foster and smith has royal grammas for 16 and 18 dollars right now. Oddly enough that is our price witout having to ship it and being able for the customer to hand pick it. its your type of mentality that is killing all LFSs.

:lol2: WOW...:lol2: Im killing LFS's?? No the powerhouses are killing LFS's. Just like wal-mart is killing small town hardware stores. Dont hate me Ive spent pleanty of my hard earned money in CBA until I found out what was happening to me. Last time I checked EVERYTHING is cheaper if you buy it online. Instead of insulting me try thinking of better ways in run your business (if its yours). Maybe like a price matching

Example:
http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=206&parent_category=4&category_search=61&root_parent_id=4">http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=206&parent_category=4&category_search=61&root_parent_id=4</a>

And before you hit me with oh well you have to have a minimumof X amount to get free shipping. I cant remember a time when I walked out of any LFS spending less than 100 bucks.

when LFSs see group orders for plate corals, colt coral, polyps and brain corals we cringe. All the big stores have them at comparable prices. It seems as though some believe that the grass is greener on the other side. Most do not realize that Atlanta has some of the best LFSs in the country. This is called the Atlanta Reef Club, why do we have etailers as sponsors from other states. Tell me how that helps support Atlanta fish stores. So an etailer in minnesota that offers the Atlanta Reef Club a discount should be a sponsor?? So much for the club offering their support to local shops. We give a 10% discount to all memebers, and lets say we do 1 million dollars a year, well we just gave 100k PROFIT back to the club times the 5 yrs we have been open, times all the stores that offer a discount. that is a lot of money only to have the club not stand behind its Atlanta reef stores....anyways i guess i have a biased opinion.

CAPPUCCINOBAY;84589 said:
when LFSs see group orders for plate corals, colt coral, polyps and brain corals we cringe. quote]

Thats where I would chime in if I was a business owner. I would simply say "you know what ARC I will do you one better and beat the pricing your getting with your "etailer" gather your troups and head on down to the store."

so if you save a few dollars on a cheap fish, which i hope it survives shipping, acclimating and not one you could have hand picked at any LFS it is worth it. Thats fine obviusly you are not the type of person a LFS targets. you are only interested in saving a buck.
Zanski;84588 wrote: :lol2: WOW...:lol2: Im killing LFS's?? No the powerhouses are killing LFS's. Just like wal-mart is killing small town hardware stores. Dont hate me Ive spent pleanty of my hard earned money in CBA until I found out what was happening to me. Last time I checked EVERYTHING is cheaper if you buy it online. Instead of insulting me try thinking of better ways in run your business (if its yours). Maybe like a price matching

Example:
http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=206&parent_category=4&category_search=61&root_parent_id=4">http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=206&parent_category=4&category_search=61&root_parent_id=4</a>

And before you hit me with oh well you have to have a minimumof X amount to get free shipping. I cant remember a time when I walked out of any LFS spending less than 100 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Back