Giving this filter sock a try.

OK. I think we have four: Ace of Spades, Buzzbomb, LDYBKR and me. Six filter socks for $23 delivered to your door.

I'm going to PM you three my PP info. Pay me $23 each please ($23 covers six filters, PP fees, $1.99 for ordering under 50 units, and USPS cost).

Of course, if for some reason the deal falls apart (we don't order) I'll refund everyone's PayPal payments.

As many as want some we can do. We need 4 people to make the minimum order. You need to buy six, but can get any amount over that for basically $3 each for each additional one over six.

I'm happy to do this for as many people as want to participate. I'll probably cut this off late tomorrow.
Dave

I'll give these a try too. Send me your paypal info and I will get six and send to you today.
Bob

Current participants:
acroholic,
Ace of Spades
LDYBKR
BUZZBOMB (paid)
bobz

Current participants:
acroholic (paid)
Ace of Spades
LDYBKR
BUZZBOMB (paid)
bobz (paid)

Current participants:
acroholic (paid)
Ace of Spades (paid)
LDYBKR
BUZZBOMB (paid)
bobz (paid)

how do you clean those felt socks? Turn them inside out and flow water? Someone said put in washer but that does not seem right????

Joe

jhutto;213758 wrote: how do you clean those felt socks? Turn them inside out and flow water? Someone said put in washer but that does not seem right????

Joe

Take the sprayer from your sink, turn them inside out and spray [hot] water through them has worked best for me. I was changing mine every 2-3 days though. I think they become more clogged as time goes on and you can clean out less...

Update

Current participants:

acroholic (paid)
Ace of Spades (paid)
LDYBKR
BUZZBOMB (paid)
bobz (paid)
Brazilian

I am going to order early tomorrow evening. Please consider 6 pm Wednesday the deadline to pay. Anyone that has not paid will not be included. Thanks.
Dave

jhutto;213758 wrote: how do you clean those felt socks? Turn them inside out and flow water? Someone said put in washer but that does not seem right????

Joe

I have never had any luck cleaning the felt socks in the washer. What I do:
lay the socks flat in a rectangular type Roughneck tote, then do about a 25% bleach soak with hot water for a few hours, then I spray them out with a garden hose nozzle, then let them air dry.

I cleaned out the filter socks I got from Hong Kong tonight and it was just spray them out and you were done. Took all of 2 minutes to do them both. Hopefully these ones we are ordering in the 200 micron size will be just as easy.
Dave

current:

acroholic (paid)
Ace of Spades (paid)
BUZZBOMB (paid)
bobz (paid)
dawgdude (paid)
Brazilian
LDYBKR

Final list of paid buyers:

acroholic (paid)
Ace of Spades (paid)
BUZZBOMB (paid)
bobz (paid)
dawgdude (paid)
Brazilian (paid)

I'll PM each of you to confirm shipping addresses and I will order tonight, then ship them to each of you when I get them.

Dave

I ordered an extra 9 filters, so if anyone wants in that didn't get the chance, PM me.
Dave

Ace of Spades;214233 wrote: thanks again dave

Thanks to all who bought some. I needed you guys just as much. I wasn't going to order 25 of these just so I could get some!

I talked with the order lady at the company, and she said that most people buy the felt bags than the nylon mesh because they are a bit cheaper, like 27 cents each or so. Little do they know that they will replace those bags many times more often than the mesh ones because they eventually clog to the point of being unusable, whereas the mesh ones clean out as easy as a window screen (that's what it is, basically) Another case of spend a bit more upfront, and spend a lot less long term.
Dave

OK guys,
Got the 200 micron nylon mesh socks in today. The box they came in weighed more than they did, I think!

I have nine available for anyone that wants in. If intersted, PM me. First come, first served.

I will mail them out tomorrow to all the buyers. Here is a picture below.

I hope all buyers will post what they think of these nylon socks, especially regarding ease of cleaning. I can now do an apples to apples comparison of felt to nylon with equal pore opening sizes. I think I am going to put a nylon 200 micron felt and a 200 micron mesh sock in my sump (twin overflows) and see how they each do.

>

cool.. I will be trying mine out as soon as I get them. thanks
Bob

Back