glue suggestion

surfdude

Reaction score
I have a 3/4" threaded bulk head (typical black kind that you get at the lfs) and a male nylon screw that I bought from homedepot (one side is male thread and the other side is barbed). I am planning on screwing in the threaded end of the nylon screw into the bulk head. It needs to hold pressure. I was thinking about using glue instead of Teflon tape to bead the thread. Can anyone suggest a glue that will do the trick? Or threading it with teflon is enough to prevent leak. I was reading some forums where they were suggesting Surehold Plastic Surgery. any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I think Teflon tape should do the trick. You can put a bead of sylicon around it if you want but most likely won't be necessary.

Curtismaximus;879699 wrote: I think Teflon tape should do the trick. You can put a bead of sylicon around it if you want but most likely won't be necessary.

+1... I've used teflon tape under pressure with no signs of leaks. I just wrapped the threads several times with the tape, and tightened it until as tight as I could by hand...

Gotta go with the teflon tape. Makes a great seal, cheap, and easy to use. Great advice above about not overtightening.

Back