Going to the beach next week! Should I?

If someone posts an article on this topic, I'll change :)

Speaking of which, I need to get that (non-integrated) search box on the wiki.

As long as you have a fishing licence you can collect certain species http://myfwc.com/marine/recreational/recharvestmls.htm">http://myfwc.com/marine/recreational/recharvestmls.htm</a>
Have at it. Just dont empty one area of anything. The only portions of the keys are the marine sancuarys and those are 5 miles off shore.

Dude,

The guy is going to New Smyrna Beach, just south of Daytona; not the keys.

mred;141635 wrote: The guy is going to New Smyrna Beach, just south of Daytona; not the keys.
Last I checked, they're both in Florida... :)

Yea I just mentioned that because people have said that it is so illegal in the keys. It is just illegal in certain areas of the keys. Have fun at the beach. Wow that is an early spring break! I thought mine was early and it is mid March.

Ive said it before and ill say it again, whether its done legally or illegally its still leaving the ocean. So both are bad, so whats the difference. Like the guy said he just wants a few little things , hes not coming back with coolers filled with live tropical fish and corals that have been smashed off reefs. I say go for it! Take pics of what you come back with.

Well it looks like from what I've read today that I should be alright with what I am looking for. All of this reading and worrying about parasites and what not has inspired me to buy my buddies 55gal and setup a new tank exclusively for whatever it is I find. I usually visit the beach a few times a year, so starting a tank with what I am allowed to bring home seems like a cool idea. If it doesn't workout I can always do something else with the tank.

get some ricordia and wrap them in wet paper towels should be fine .........realy though dont take the risk it is not worth it if you ask me and not woth 250,000 in fines i llived in miami and i swear i was stoped all the time ....only time i wasnt is when you fish under the bridges in key largo

Victor626nj;141669 wrote: get some ricordia and wrap them in wet paper towels should be fine .........realy though dont take the risk it is not worth it if you ask me and not woth 250,000 in fines i llived in miami and i swear i was stoped all the time ....only time i wasnt is when you fish under the bridges in key largo

just for you victor
watch

I plan on just straight up asking an officer what I can and can't do. I really don't want to be fined 250G's. Unless of course I hit mega millions tomorrow night! I think as long as I ask Johnny Law and clear up any gray area I should come out unscathed.

dmahoney82;141676 wrote: I plan on just straight up asking an officer what I can and can't do. I really don't want to be fined 250G's. Unless of course I hit mega millions tomorrow night! I think as long as I ask Johnny Law and clear up any gray area I should come out unscathed.
:doh: you are so srewed!!! jk

dmahoney82;141676 wrote: I plan on just straight up asking an officer what I can and can't do. I really don't want to be fined 250G's. Unless of course I hit mega millions tomorrow night! I think as long as I ask Johnny Law and clear up any gray area I should come out unscathed.

you can always go with the "I have alzhimers" or "this isnt mine that old guy asked me if i could carry it to his car" j/k

dmahoney82;141416 wrote: Is there some kind of treatment I can use to kill off any hidden unwanteds?

Just have Ziad pee in your cooler!:wow2:

Fishing licences and your straight. Where does it say 250G? Just wondering? Thats worse a fine than spearing a snook out of season. That fine is only 10 grand lol!

I am guessing they used the number $250 grande to make this thread more dramatic.

Back