Hair algae

dylan ringwood

Market
Reaction score
Ok I got a 40 gallon breeder with canister no sump. Skimmer stays on 24 7 lights are led and stay on about 8 hours . Should I do water changes more often I read a v c powder dosing thread or vodka aswell but don't have other equipment to sustain what it is calling for a little help will be great tank has been running roughly about 3 months

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

How often do you do water changes? What the livestock list? How often do you feed and what do you feed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ok around 40 - 60 lbs of live rock thus number could be off. 2 clowns 2 chromis 1 coral beauty. Couple mushrooms, torch coral eagle eye zoa 2 peppermint shrimp Kenya tree. And feed them frozen food half a cube of mysin the emarlds food(I just started using half a cube cause o realized I was feeding too much) now I figure this is my tank finishing it's cycle and indo a 5 gallon water change ever week

Half a cube is too much? I felt like it was too little truthfully I also use brightwell snow and reef products

No I leave everything on 24 7 (which I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do)

When you feed turn off your filter. . And if all the food get ate up fast then it's OK but if a lot make it to the sand bed it could be the cause.. and it getting in your filter is part of the problem I'm sure..

I do 5 gallons on a 20 every week.. it's said to do 20% off the total volume but that's just something you have to play around with and find what's best for you and your tank

Well I appreciate the help I didn't think about the canister re cycling that food back into the tank to sit on the sand bed

That's not why you turn it off.. The food gets 8 your filter pad and decays causing your phosphate problem to cause the ha.

Well alrighty then. I really do appreciate the help though

Well today doesn't count starting tomorrow we will see how fast it goes because I was feeding the torch today

Another reason to get a sump or a HOB refugium

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Back