Heeeeelllllpppppp with No3 and Phos

also read it could have something to do with the check valve? But it is a BRS unit, so I'd imagine it'd be "normal" and on there if necessary since most other folks' work?
I have a BRS 6 stage that I upgraded to a water saver and switched out the flow restrictor to the 800ml/min to run the 100gal/day membranes. My water pressure is 94-100psi at the source and 80ish after the prefilters. To my knowledge there is no "Check Valve" with their systems, just the Auto Shut Off Valve that is operated by the float stopper connected to the line exiting the DI. When the float lifts up and cuts the flow the pressure rises on that line and the ASOV snaps closed. If the valve is failing or improperly connected the system will not function correctly.

I have a BRS 6 stage that I upgraded to a water saver and switched out the flow restrictor to the 800ml/min to run the 100gal/day membranes. My water pressure is 94-100psi at the source and 80ish after the prefilters. To my knowledge there is no "Check Valve" with their systems, just the Auto Shut Off Valve that is operated by the float stopper connected to the line exiting the DI. When the float lifts up and cuts the flow the pressure rises on that line and the ASOV snaps closed. If the valve is failing or improperly connected the system will not function correctly.

Got it! I didn't know what pressure is too high, so was kinda scared to leave faucet open all the way in case of issue/leak/etc..

I just ordered a new aso and it should be here tom sometime..

thx!

Got it! I didn't know what pressure is too high, so was kinda scared to leave faucet open all the way in case of issue/leak/etc..

I just ordered a new aso and it should be here tom sometime..

thx!
I wouldn't worry about pressure causing a failure in the system unless is was above 110-120psi before the RO membrane. The problems with flooding are usually from the system not shutting off and overflowing the water after the DI. That or a line coming loose from the RODI storage and/or the waste line. The latter happens a lot when people don't have a permanent installation and are constantly moving the system to make water and putting it way when not in use.

Houses have a pressure valve to limit the pressure to 50-60 psi down stream from it. I am fortunate that I can tap into the house water line before that pressure valve. I've got mine hard plumbed into the front spigot line. If for whatever reason I couldn't do that I'd be running a booster pump. I've also got my RODI system controlled by my Apex using valves and floats with a breakout box. The shutoff valve is now a backup for me in case of any other failures with the Apex. I've got 3 sets of redundancy to protect me from myself, lol

Regardless of anything else, your source TDS is pretty low. This is the case for most of us in GA. There is no reason you are not seeing Zero TDS after the RO & before the DI within a half hour of the system running. The only reason for anything higher are these things in order of likelihood. Low water pressure <50psi, improper tubing connections, bad ASOV, prefilters needing replacing and lastly RO membrane needs replacing.

Think of the DI as a final polishing, it's not there to do any heavy lifting. That's what the RO membrane is for. Also silicates have a near neutral charge and can foul the DI without it changing color much. BRS has some great videos on all of this. With PSI they will err on the lower side for liability reasons though. The higher the PSI into the RO membrane the more efficient it will filter and less waste produced. If everything is hooked up and functioning right, at 70-80 PSI in a single membrane setup you will see zero TDS right after it within a half hour of operation.

If you or anyone else are ever up my way I'd be happy to show you my system.

So apparently I was a dummy along time ago when I installed the last membrane LOL! Not sure if it really matters, but was installed with the little knob with washers on the wrong end. So now sitting pretty at least water wise
6854D2EB-60BE-4153-9FC8-744518B8B4CE.jpeg

Also installed some new toys :)

760C9612-BAA4-455B-9D10-86FE93E3143C.jpeg 63ADF979-00E4-4E3C-BBE5-8C6BD8FED378.jpeg

How you liking the Trident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sweet! The best thing is of course I don’t have to do anything LOL!

I’m still gonna probably let it go for the rest of this week and then calibrate again, but seems to be measuring fine

I also have a mindstream on order too so I’ll compare them when I, if ever LOL, get it

Back