Hey... look what I have :)

<span style="color: blue;">It's BLUE! </span>
<span style="color: blue;"></span>
<span style="color: blue;">(it's also ghetto, but thats why they call it "temporary")</span>
<span style="color: blue;"></span>
<span style="color: blue;">I think today I'll move the rock around and cancel out the "3 sides cleanable" I dont like how big and round the mounds look...</span>
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
13252=900-DSCN5792.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
13252=900-DSCN5792.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCN5792.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Tony:

I think you should get rid of some of the rock. I am a strong advocate of the "less is more" philosophy. I love the open channel in the middle. Once the corals grow into the voids it will look very natural.
just my 2 cents.

<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">There’s actually quite a bit of open space within the rock.... my reasoning for having so much is more so that I can get as close to the light as possible. I have a decent amount of high color SPS that I want to keep with only 250s. If I weren’t worried about burning my apartment complex down and going bankrupt, I'd throw a pair of 1000s on it and have half the rock :)</span></span></span>

tsciarini wrote: <span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"> If I weren’t worried about burning my apartment complex down and going bankrupt, I'd throw a pair of 1000s on it and have half the rock :)</span></span></span>

I had a feeling you really wanted 1000w!!! lol

Tony:

I dont think you'll go wrong with 250's. I feel you about the rock. My rock structure is quite high also, but also quite open. I have about 170 pounds (rough estimate) in my 210, and at times almost seems too much. But I also have a massive load of fish to allow to swim around, and through. I have 2 250s on the sides, and a 400 in the center, but I have a big chasm in the center, too.

I dont know how people can run 1000s. I know reef1973 has one, and mojo too, but that seems like a lot of light and heat and energy. i guess im just jealous (but not of their power bill).

Ya the rockpile is one thing I knew going in I wanted to avoid in my 450G. I put only about 300lbs in there. I supported it with PVC. Love the openness and the flow is outstanding everywhere. Yours looks fairly open to me but it is packed in there. It's largely a matter of taste honestly!

250s are fine. It's only 24" deep right. Even 30" will be fine except maybe the very bottom. 1000s would no doubt work but what a waste of electricity, not to mention heat issues, etc, etc.

1000w'ers definately have thier place... a 5'x2'x2' tank in a rental apartment isnt the place. :)
I've made some more changes to my tank over the past few days... I'll try to update some pics later on tonight

Here's two updated pics... (I'm still not completely happy with the rockwork but its time to leave it alone)

one is when bulbs are just firing and the other is full spectrum however I think I need to cut back on the blue in my camera settings...
13868=926-DSCN5832.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
13868=926-DSCN5832.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCN5832.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
13868=927-DSCN5833.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
13868=927-DSCN5833.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCN5833.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

oh yeah, and I moved most of the corals in from the other tanks. It almost looks like a real reef tank!

Really nice Tony... can't wait to see it in person, pictures, I am sure don't do it justice.

Figured Id throw an updated pic up... here it is as of about 8minutes ago:
(oh and as you can see, I fixed my camera settings... very close to visual color now)
21136=1419-156_070211.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
21136=1419-156_070211.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="156_070211.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Yeah, actually I added the stuff I got from you yesterday! Finally picked it up from Chris... lol

Everyone is happy as a clam!

DSCN5882_small.jpg
alt="" />

Sweeeet! I love to hear such news. :D

He sure does look pretty darn happy. Congrats again on the successful setup!

Back