hood mounting Radion pro's

madcanary

Market
Reaction score
Anyone mounted Radions in their hood? I have a 4ft tank I want to mount them just don't want to have to cut up lid too much was thinking about cutting slightly larger then getting a bit of acrylic slightly smaller than the radion top part so it will cradle it. any input or suggestions how anyone else has done this that might be easier? my RMS are too tall.
im worried about heat build up with only having the back of hood open

Mines hanging with their hanging kit hooked to large L- brackets from HD (white). My canopy is custom but has a slope going up and at peak I've got a large computer fan.
You could also mount you a fan on the back and frame it in.
I've also got 2, 175 MH in my canopy!

I've got the adapters (about 25 lol) I posted FS once if your in need...
I got my silent 6 x 6 fan off ebay for $12, much cheaper than a retail store.

Do you have any issues with heat or performance without the fans blowing heat out of the top? That is my main concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have mine recessed into the top of my canopy. that way they suck air from inside the canopy and blow it out the top. the easiest way to do it is to cut a hole the size of the radion and then nail in two small strips of wood along the sides that will hold the radion and keep it from falling in.

heres a link to a mr. saltwater tank video. i got the idea from him and if you skip ahead to about 4:40 you can see how he has them mounted. the difference in how he did it and how i did it is that he cut a hole just smaller than the radion and then routed a channel around the hold for the light to sit in where as mine are supported from underneath by additional wood.
watch

Back