in with the 210 G out with the 120 G

jrhunter0000

Market
Reaction score
as many of you know after a long fight with the wife the 120g is going and the 210g is coming in this thread I'm going to take y'all along with the process and transition of both the tear down and the set up of the new aquarium. This is going to be a long haul as I am having to re-support my floors I Will have a back up tank running to house my live stalk and coral. Tearing down this tank as many of you probably know is a heart ache but I know it will pan out to be a dream come true. All support and suggestions will make my build 100 times better so please leave your feed back below no feelings will be hurt.

The tear down starts..... in the mean time I'm waiting for a floor structured engineer to come and brace my floor all my live stalk and coral will be moved. Most of my live rock will be put in rubber made containers at room temperature with power heads for the mean time.
CAM00060.jpg
alt="" />

The live rock is being freshwater dipped to make sure it pest free and then will be put in the rubbermaid....
CAM00059.jpg
alt="" />

I have about a 3-4 week window my tank will be down. We are 1/3 with removing and dipping the live rock. Gonna grab some dinner and get back at it.
CAM00058.jpg
alt="" />

3-4 weeks with your tank down is a good bit of time. Let us know if you need a hand with anything.

Ok the Salt Water Paradise Inn is set up. Gonne let it hit a filter for a bit. I moved most of my tank water to this tank. This will house my fish and coral. One side ill have a led over my frag rack.
CAM00061.jpg
alt="" />

Butch;970866 wrote: 3-4 weeks with your tank down is a good bit of time. Let us know if you need a hand with anything.

Yea. The wait is just getting my floor supported. Im in the middle of switching jobs. Just got hired at the hospital so im off with a week with no pay. Funds are low.

Berje;970894 wrote: Nice hotel tank. Mine were all Rubbermaids lol

Live rock is in rubber maids lol. Fish and coral get to stay in the 5 star resort :D

Ok heres a question for yall. All my turbo, margettia and blue hermits should i throw them in the holding tank or in the rubbermaid with the live rock?

Getting aboard, thanks for sharing. Although I would love to help some but you kind of far away from where I stay, however good luck with the move!!!

Yea I'll be following. You are just up the road from me compared to atlanta. Good luck we will be watching

joseayes;970905 wrote: Getting aboard, thanks for sharing. Although I would love to help some but you kind of far away from where I stay, however good luck with the move!!!

Yall are awesome. Always here to lend a hand. Its been a tiring day got all the live stock in. Im think hotel tank may have a small leak. will find out in the am :(

Ok all livestock is moved picking out the live blue legs hermits now and my 6 line has buried himself in the sand somewhere. Fish hunt is on...

Ok 6 line is in the hotel. This will do it for tonight. guys im beat. more to come tomorrow. Tomorrow i will go pick up the 210.
CAM000641.jpg
alt="" />

I'll be there after I get off work so we can head back to the ATL. While your posting this thread there will be yet another build thread heading the feed. Setup on the 120 build to be started soon!!!

kstyle13;970983 wrote: I'll be there after I get off work so we can head back to the ATL. While your posting this thread there will be yet another build thread heading the feed. Setup on the 120 build to be started soon!!!

Ok sounds good to me.

Back