in with the 210 G out with the 120 G

jrhunter0000;971411 wrote: Just said his homeowners wont cover if something would happen

Your renters insurance should cover it...depending on your insurance plan. Is there a max tank size he said you could have?

What the heck? ?? A built without tank???

I meant I have seen builts water less but without tank?

joseayes;971603 wrote: What the heck? ?? A built without tank???

I meant I have seen builts water less but without tank?

Yea i just came back from ATL. picked up 2 40 gallon breeders and a 75 pics soon to follow

<span style="color: Red">UPDATE:</span> My new build includes the setup of a fish foom to start will be a 75 drilled reef, (2)40 gallon breeders- frag tanks and (3) 20 gallon holding QT tanks.

So you had to get rid of the 210g only to gain an extra 5 gallons in multiple tanks. That sucks.

Butch;971919 wrote: So you had to get rid of the 210g only to gain an extra 5 gallons in multiple tanks. That sucks.

I was just thinking the same thing lol. Not to include probably the massive sump he will have. But I guess it will be spread the weight out more.

Butch;971919 wrote: So you had to get rid of the 210g only to gain an extra 5 gallons in multiple tanks. That sucks.

Yea buddy. but will be in a U shaped weight will be not all in one place. Ill have a bunch of live rock if anyone needs some!

Berje;971925 wrote: I was just thinking the same thing lol. Not to include probably the massive sump he will have. But I guess it will be spread the weight out more.

Picked up a arcrylic sump gonna plumb it all into one the 2 40 gallon breeders and the 75

But it's still the same if not more weight in the same room???

This makes absolutely no sense.
What builder did you have come out and check?

PFCDeitz;971955 wrote: But it's still the same if not more weight in the same room???

This makes absolutely no sense.
What builder did you have come out and check?

Middle ga roofing and construction. They said they can brace it but would recommend it. My house has one center beam and its sitting on cynderblocks. wood framing. I was gonna pay the deposit to start the bracing they said they needed permission from my landlord. And that was not happening he told me its too much weight in one section. Take mine i live in a older home build in the 1950's

My new fish room will be spread over many square feet and 2 main tanks will be resting on the center beam. The 75 will be running opposite the floor beams.

So yes it could have been done but not recommended. my landlord wasent having it and i don't have renters. So it was a big 3 no no which made me sell it and decide to do a couple frag tanks and a smaller main. It should work out well i need to order a few overflows and build some stands.

I want to thank all yall for the help advice and kind words and the support. I promise i will be updating soon. I start a new job Monday at the hospital where ill be working 6 days a week 8-10 hour shifts so my time will become very limited.

Ok so it's the landlord telling you no. Not the builder.

But does the landlord know you will still have the same amount of weight and water ?

I'd wait till I bought my own place or a landlord that agrees to it and allows it.

Good luck buddy

PFCDeitz;971970 wrote: Ok so it's the landlord telling you no. Not the builder.

But does the landlord know you will still have the same amount of weight and water ?

I'd wait till I bought my own place or a landlord that agrees to it and allows it.

Good luck buddy

Yes. He didn't like the fact of 3000+ lbs on a 12 square ft space sitting behind the kitchen. The builder didn't recommend it since it wasent near the main center beam.

Im going to have the bulder support the outside of the fish room but it will be more spread out and 2 of the biggest tanks will sit right on the main center beam.

Back