I've Got Cooties!

curator

Market
Reaction score
<span style="color: black;">Thanks to the advice and encouragement from several members of this forum, I am optimistic that ongoing problems will smooth out eventually. After following recommendations from some of you, my cyanobacteria is diminishing, however last night I identified a new potential problem. I noticed numerous small critters of varying size crawling on the glass of my tank, the largest of which is about 1/16 in. They are white/cream-colored, appear to have legs, are wider at one-end-than-the-other and scurry about.</span>
<span style="color: black;"> </span>
<span style="color: black;">Ideas on what they are and if they are good or bad?</span>
<span style="color: black;"> </span>
<span style="color: black;">Thanks!</span>

Look kinda like this?

Amphipod1.jpg
alt="" />

Possibly, but they are flat against the glass so it's difficult to tell. I did notice that during the night the congregated on the black rear wall of the tank, but shortly after turning on the lights, many of them moved to the glass on the tank's sides.

Look like this?

(wait... I dont have legs)
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
105092=6494-AmphiscolopsFlatWmMikeG.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
105092=6494-AmphiscolopsFlatWmMikeG.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="AmphiscolopsFlatWmMikeG.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

tsciarini;105092 wrote: Look like this?

(wait... I dont have legs)

I watch about 1000 of these, the red version, meet thier demise last night while cleaning out the fuge. Unfortunately I saw hundreds of coped/amphipods/starfish meet the same fate too. Kinda sucks but the fuge is free and clear of flatworms and bubble algae!

Curator...

If they are clear or even red in small numbers you'll be ok. Good luck!

Back