Jebao WP25 Info and Speculation

Man I would really like to get my hand on the 25. It looks like a really cool pump with a small footprint.

:wiggle: Update and info time! :headbang:

Directly from Jebao:

"Yes , we can sell the WP-25 and WP-40 without controller;
Still need about two weeks for the WP-25,thanks!
Trying to find out how to get the Stand alone pumps, because I don't think Fish-Street sells them stand alone.
Just sent an e-mail off to Fish-Street to see if they can sell it stand alone."

So are they going to be controllable or will one need to purchase a "dimmer" switch?

jdavenp3;861697 wrote: So are they going to be controllable or will one need to purchase a "dimmer" switch?

No idea the last info said it would be controlable but that was complete speculation. If they are not you can buy a $6 controller and you are good to go.

I am definitely interested. I really loved my mp10 but if I can save 200 bucks then I will at least give this bad boy a chance. The video was really cool.

If they do not come with a controller then what type of controller are you talking about that I could buy to hook up to it?

I am a complete novice on these things and didn't know if it was a plug and play type thing or if I would need to splice some wires into a controller box or what?

jdavenp3;861735 wrote: I am definitely interested. I really loved my mp10 but if I can save 200 bucks then I will at least give this bad boy a chance. The video was really cool.

If they do not come with a controller then what type of controller are you talking about that I could buy to hook up to it?

I am a complete novice on these things and didn't know if it was a plug and play type thing or if I would need to splice some wires into a controller box or what?

Its plug and play. Just read through the last few pages and it will explain everything.

Update time!
It appears there will be two different types of WP25s.
One will have magnets to hold the pump to the glass, exactly like the WP40.
The other version of the pump will use suction cups to attach the pump.
It seems the magnets are what cause the pump to be so expensive to manufacture and distribute.
The 1st version of the WP25 is rumored to cost around $90 shipped.
The 2nd is supposed to be much closer to the projected $30 that was initially stated.

I will probably buy the cheaper version and modify it myself!:thumbs::D:fish:

From RC:

Maybe June for FS, but Jebao sent me an email this morning saying it is here. There are two versions: WP25-1 which has a magnet holder and WP25-2 which has a suction cup holder. They advertise the WP25-2 as being, "Completely New, Lower price and lower freight cost." I guess you guys who want that super cheap pump may be in luck with the 25-2. The lack of magnets saves them some significant cost in production and shipping.

8f1c6ba5611471fdfbff0697c054eb2d_zps95987186.jpg
alt="" />

I received this file from jebao along with the information that Curtis has posted. Told me the specs will be about 6000 l/h and use 25w of power. its funny cause the initial flows were much lower when they first started talking about the 25's with me back when i ordered the 40's. I suggested they make them have a higher flow, something more like 6000l/h :wow2: Guess they do listen.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

From RC:

Got an email from Jebao saying the WP-25s began mass production today!*

:thumbs:

They are doing a group by on RC if anyone wants to jump on it.
I think we should have on here on ARC in the future !

Here is the link:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2292869">http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2292869</a>

Edit: They are doing a group by on RC if anyone wants to jump on it.

Here is the link:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2292869

Curtismaximus;866186 wrote: They are doing a group by on RC if anyone wants to jump on it.

Here is the link:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/s...read.php?t=2292869[/QUOTE] +1 on group buy.

Ok...I have an email from Jebao...the WP-25 is now available. They will only sell a minimum of 48 pcs at $43/pc. The shipping on 48 pcs is $400 via DHL Air. I'm thinking about placing an order for a case.

So that come out to $51.34 with shipping included. If I were you I would start a group buy in The Lounge and have the first page look exactly how the have it on RC. Here is the link, I would just copy and paste it:

showthread.php

porpoiseaquatics;866748 wrote: Ok...I have an email from Jebao...the WP-25 is now available. They will only sell a minimum of 48 pcs at $43/pc. The shipping on 48 pcs is $400 via DHL Air. I'm thinking about placing an order for a case.

If you do a group buy you need a quote for a deeper discount on over 150 units because I'm sure this will reach 150 easy! And they are Chinese.... Don't just say ok to their price that they email you, negotiate it down more they are a business and they are not going to want to lose a $5000 plus order!!!!!!

Sent from my space ship using Tapatalk

I'd be in for 4 of the 25s. I have 2 40s on the way and from the way everyone is talking they are going to be too much for my application.

renoeb;866877 wrote: I'd be in for 4 of the 25s. I have 2 40s on the way and from the way everyone is talking they are going to be too much for my application.

They are strong as heck on low setting this thing is making sand dunes!!!!! Ready to get my voltage dimmer to tone it down

Sent from my space ship using Tapatalk

I can tell you from my order there was no price discount from 100 to 180 pumps. I even asked if I bumped it up to 200 pumps and they said the price was the same. The only thing that went up was the shipping.

Edit:
Curtismaximus;866750 wrote: So that come out to $51.34 with shipping included. If I were you I would start a group buy in The Lounge and have the first page look exactly how the have it on RC. Here is the link, I would just copy and paste it:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2292869">http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2292869</a>[/QUOTE]

Is $51 shipped to your door?

Back