July ARC meeting - Soft Coral Propagation, Free Frags July 28th 2:00 - 5:00

July ARC meeting - Soft Coral Propagation, Free Frags July 28th 2:00 - 5:00
Posted by Adam
Palisades Medical Building
Thursday, July 18, 2019 - 02:00 PM
Until: Thursday, July 18, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

dball711

Supporting
Reaction score
This meeting, we're going to do a softy fragging demo. We've already acquired all the colonies for this and have been nurturing some awesome leather colonies and mushrooms for this.

If you have any frags you want to sell or share please bring them to the meeting. We no longer have a spare frag tank for the event but there will be tables available if needed. If you take pics of the corals in your tank and post in this thread what you're bringing it'll help if you don't have a frag tank setup.

Sunday, July 28, 2019 - 2:00 - 5:00 PM

Palisades Medical Building
3200 Downwood Cir Nw
Atlanta, GA 30327

From I-75 South-bound:
Take Exit #255, West Paces Ferry and Northside Parkway. Turn left off the exit ramp. You will pass under I-75. Turn right at the first light onto Northside Parkway. Go to the second light, and turn right on Howell Mill Road. Go up the hill, and turn left on the first street, Downwood Circle. Go straight on Downwood Circle into the parking deck (all the way down the road). The building will be on your left.

From I-75 North-bound:
Take Exit #255, West Paces Ferry and Northside Parkway. Turn right off the exit onto Northside Parkway. Take an immediate right onto Howell Mill Road. Go up the hill, and turn left on the first street, Downwood Circle. Go straight on Downwood Circle into the parking deck (all the way down the road). The building will be on your left.

And just the usual reminder - we are guests at this medical office complex, please absolutely NO SMOKING in or around the building

Edit: added photo of the primary 2 corals. Thanks Jin.

Corals for fragging.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do y'all need help with setting up? I go to church right down street and will be free after 12:30. So I can definitely help.

Just to clarify; is this an LPS or a Softy fragging event? The title and the corresponding post indicate differently; and I suspect the title needs to be changed.

Hey. Do you guys want/need my PA and mic system? I’ll be able to attend this one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been trying to meeting for months! I would not be able to get there until 5. I will have to try to catch the next one.

This meeting, we're going to do a softy fragging demo. We've already acquired all the colonies for this and have been nurturing some awesome leather colonies and mushrooms for this.

If you have any frags you want to sell or share please bring them to the meeting. We no longer have a spare frag tank for the event but there will be tables available if needed. If you take pics of the corals in your tank and post in this thread what you're bringing it'll help if you don't have a frag tank setup.

I actually do have a spare frag tank if anyone needs it. Just let me know and I'll bring it. :)

As for the corals for this demo. We'll be doing these two large colonies of leathers. One is a green polyp toadstool and a massive bright green sinularia. Each around 10-12 inches when fully open. I collected them 6 months ago for this purpose and they have been doing really well. We will also have some various mushrooms as well. Bobby is donating some green frilly shrooms and I have a few rainbow superman, superman, and a gonzo golden bounce that I'll throw in as well. If anyone has other softies that they want to donate/sell to the club for the demo please reach out to me. Also, if you are going to be bringing frags and need a table plz contact me so we can make sure we have enough space.

Corals for fragging.jpg

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

Anyone coming this weekend happen to have a a return pump that is around 800 gph they are whiling to bring and sell? also looking for some smaller power heads, any brand.

Thanks, Dylan

I can't wait! This demo is going to really help me by seeing a large piece fragged firsthand.

Packing up the car and getting ready...don't for get a cooler or insulated bag for your corals!

Hi. I was wondering approximately what time the demo will be at. I’m bringing one of my boys to Atlanta with me and I dont think he will have the patience for the full 3 hours but don’t want to miss the demo.
Thanks

Back