Just re-meshed my skimmer - WOW

derek_s

Market
Reaction score
I just remeshed my MSX 300 with 2 Sicce pumps last night and all I can say is WOW at the difference. I had to open the gate valve almost all the way up. THe new mesh is significantly better than the old.

Mine hadnt been remeshed since I got it several months ago, but the last time I meshed it I didnt do as good a job. THis time I used 3 layers of Enkmat, (regular sandwiched between 2 pieces of the flat sided Enkmat). I trimmed it to about 1/16 from the edge of the disk, and have no start-up issues or excessive vibration noise.

I mention this so if you are thinking your skimmer could be doing better, or if you havent re-meshed in a few months, maybe now is the time.

so...where are the pics? These threads suckola without pics!

Pics of bubbles? Imagine lots of bubbles for a mental image.

This times one million:

big_bubbles_blossom.jpg
alt="" />

Yes, pics of bubbles, pics of the mesh mod...pics man, pics!

I didnt take any of the mesh. Didnt even think about it. MAybe I can get some of el-bubblos

Well, if you would stop taking some many pics of your nakedness playing guitar, maybe you'd have some pics that we actually want</em> to see! :)

Hey, that pic has gotten me a lot of women in the past. Women love dudes with mullets, spandex, and guitars.

Good God, mods: delete this thread. It violates the forums 'minimum pics of bubbles' rule.

I'm sure you can imagine what enkmat and bubbles look like.

haha

The point was to remind people to maximize skimmer performance by checking their mesh. Not brag about my mesh. its freaking mesh. Next time I'm gonna try a wad of 'sanitary area hair clippings" to mesh it.

corvettecris;249304 wrote: Hey, that pic has gotten me a lot of women in the past. Women love dudes with mullets, spandex, and guitars.

mullets rule!

Back