Latest 465 Gallon SPS Reef Pictures

Acroholic;930832 wrote:
The fish get around quite well, but the pumps are not at 100% all the time. They follow a programmed cycle that simulates water movement on the reef. I use either EcoSmart Nutrient Transport mode, or Lagoon or Reefcrest mode. The pumps can peak at 100% now with the BB tank. before, I could only peak them at about 60% without blowing the substrate all around.

ive got the same issue although i only have a 20 long. i cant turn my mp10's up past 40% for any amount of time without the sand piling up on the sides. you've actually got me considering going bare bottom when i upgrade.

Dude, get those ghetto frag racks out of the way. At least put them on the sides or something..what's wrong with you?!

The corals have grown up a good bit! Looking good, sir.

lagunareef;930843 wrote: Phenomenal Dave. Thanks for being a true inspiration and mentor. Keep it up!

Thanks.....that blueberry shortcake frag I got from you a while back is in the tank and growing. That was the name of the coral, right?
Picoreefguy;930893 wrote: ive got the same issue although i only have a 20 long. i cant turn my mp10's up past 40% for any amount of time without the sand piling up on the sides. you've actually got me considering going bare bottom when i upgrade.

I looked at it this way: it is a lot easier and safer to add substrate to an existing BB reef than it is to remove substrate from an existing reef. Try BB when you upgrade, and you can safely add substrate in 1/2 hour later on if you end up not liking it.

Skriz;930957 wrote: Dude, get those ghetto frag racks out of the way. At least put them on the sides or something..what's wrong with you?!

The corals have grown up a good bit! Looking good, sir.

Hehe...wouldn't be Raj without some criticism right out of the gate! I would have the racks on the sides, but they get better light on the front pane. I have too many corals and not enough rock.

Back