Let the games... BEGIN!!

Glad to hear it! Once you started getting nitrites it was always going to be just a matter of time.

Go slow on the initial stock up from this point on, get into some good habits from a maintenance standpoint and you should be golden. I'd definitely look into a Matrix reactor or reverse-lit chaetomorpha container. Maybe just run a pre-filled pouch of carbon & filter padding in your HOB to maintain water clarity as you don't know what waste/nutrient issues you'll need to address yet.

Corals should still be on hold for a couple of months out - there's a lot going on inside your tank still that can't be tested for.

yeah. The only thing I'm looking toward right now, Jeremy, is a small.. SMALL, clown a few weeks from now. I want to get a handle on good filtration and lighting before I think about corals.

Thanks so much for everyone's help. I was getting REALLY frustrated.

Just an update for all who are following/interested: 0 ammo, 0 nitrite, 10ppm nitrate. Been able to keep SG at a perfect 1.025. Damsel is almost fully recovered, hermits are having a ball and my turbo is all over the place making very quick work of algaes. Super pumped. Finally get to focus on some fun stuff like lighting!

Back