Looking for help with 500 gallon system

Crew;1069813 wrote: Had no idea you two were related. What a cool hobby to share.

Michael - looking forward to seeing this awesome system develop
And the two of them are always ready to help the club, members, non-member and others. When I heard of a church in need of someone to take care of a tank in need they were the first ones I looked too and they jumped right on it.

Such a contrast from those few individuals who seem to enjoy pounding the keyboards only to degrade others.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Michael Grady your set up looks sweet, glad to heard you found the issue. Wish I had the room for something similar...more pictures please![/QUOTE]

Thanks ! I'll get some better pics out to this thread. You guys have been great and are welcome to come by anytime.

So the lesson learned here besides a 25$ refractometer and testing kit, is that you can get your **** sucked by spending lots of money and showing off on this forum. :yay:

to OP,

SHAME ON YOU

YOU KILLED LIVING THINGS BECAUSE OF YOUR INEPTITUDE.

Simple Definition of ineptitude
: a lack of skill or ability

yes! arc is dying and still education is key.

evan;1069983 wrote: So the lesson learned here besides a 25$ refractometer and testing kit, is that you can get your **** sucked by spending lots of money and showing off on this forum. :yay:

to OP,

SHAME ON YOU

YOU KILLED LIVING THINGS BECAUSE OF YOUR INEPTITUDE.

Simple Definition of ineptitude
: a lack of skill or ability

yes! arc is dying and still education is key.
Ahh, did somebody make you mad. Poor thing. I'm so glad my life is not as bad as some peoples

w_hartyjr;1069996 wrote: Hope everything is still going good. Everyone have a good weekend

I'm going to try A couple little pieces of test corals and see how they do now that the chemistry is correct. I'll let you know!

All seems to be doing well! Here are a couple pic of some tests....good polyp extension (i think) and they seem to be thriving!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1070726=66215-coral 1jpg.jpg
>
1070726=66215-coral 1jpg.jpg
class="gc-images" title="coral 1jpg.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1070726=66216-coral 2.jpg
>
1070726=66216-coral 2.jpg
class="gc-images" title="coral 2.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1070726=66217-coral3.jpg
>
1070726=66217-coral3.jpg
class="gc-images" title="coral3.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Yes! I am so happy with the way things are looking. Lots of great polyp extension !

The biggest problem now is not spending he kids college fund on exotic frags. &#55357;&#56841;

Michael, what did your salinity test at? To high, low?
Please share on what the issue/error was with your refractometer? It might be something some of us might want to look into ourselves as well.

Thanks,

Awesome set up by the way.

a4goulet;1071875 wrote: Michael, what did your salinity test at? To high, low?
Please share on what the issue/error was with your refractometer? It might be something some of us might want to look into ourselves as well.

Thanks,

Awesome set up by the way.

Yes - I wrote a little post called sale tale in the reef forum. The problem was a faulty apex probe, and to make matters worse, I used the probe calibration solution to calibrate my refractometer. That doesn't work as one is conductivity (the probe) and the other measures salinity. My SG was way down at 1.016

Back