Making Live Rock At My Place Saturday June 6. Come Join Us!

How did the rock turn out? I have been wanting to do that for a while. Have any pics of it? ;)

Is Monday Labor Day, if so I'll be trying to come up with something fun for the kid to do, but the weekend after this one would be better.

Sorry I've been absent from the site a while, I've had a couple of sick family members I've been dealing with, plus long work hours

Simon and I are planning a get together to make live rock a week from Saturday, my place or his is still up in the air. Would anyone else like to join us?

Dakota9;394412 wrote: Simon and I are planning a get together to make live rock a week from Saturday, my place or his is still up in the air. Would anyone else like to join us?
I would like to join if its the 26th. Any pictures of this done before?

OK, this time, we really need a full time photographer...... Pics of the process and the finished product has not been fouth coming from me, Loren or Rob. Anyone up for the task of documenting this DIY project?

Also, should I start a new thread or is recycling the old thread good enough to garner attention.

Oh, and yes, this will be Saturday the 26th

Well, that depends greatly on your creativity, light porus natural looking is the favored. You achieve the favored look by your own manipulation of the wet material.....

In other words, it's up to you how good it looks, and how porus it will be. Research a bit and let us know if you can come

Dakota9;394412 wrote: Simon and I are planning a get together to make live rock a week from Saturday, my place or his is still up in the air. Would anyone else like to join us?
Hmmm..... I may join yall. I have a rock formation I have in mind. What would I need to bring dakota?

Let me check my materials and see what I have left, and how much. Dead live sand is always needed, so if anyone has any of that, please let me know.

Dakota,

I've never been to one of these but I'd sure like to be there for this one.
I have a couple of buckets and a fish styro cooler but not much else..

Phil

Its no swaet man.....

Once I figure out if this is at my place or Simon's, then we'll have a time and place set.

Would be nice to have you there!

We are doing it again (making live rock, just thought I'd clarify that during the proof reading process) at Simon's house, this Sunday starting at 2:30 in the afternoon, I'll update everyone on the materials I have left that I'll be bringing. We might need more materials depending on who else is interested.

Please post here if you'd like to join us. PM me or Simon for the address.

I've got my kids this weekend and won't be able to make it but I have a bucket of type I/II cement you guys can have if you need it.

Hackman72;396554 wrote: I've got my kids this weekend and won't be able to make it but I have a bucket of type I/II cement you guys can have if you need it.

Looking at your occupation, my first thought was "Just the one?", LOL

Thank you for the kind offer.

Simon.Kruger;396549 wrote: I'm making a eel house :)

I'll even supply beers.
I have always thought that if someone were to put a light coating of glue on their pvc and then roll it in coarse sand/crushed coral for their eel house it would look toooooo good. Especially after 6mo or so with some nice coralline and algae build up. Natural enough to mount a frag or 3 onto too. Can't wait to see the progress

Back