Making Live Rock At My Place Saturday June 6. Come Join Us!

I'll get my wife to take photos. She is a professional photographer after all.

My idea on the eel house is to purchase some flexible hose. I am going to wind it up so that the exit and entry are facing forward. That way I should always be able to see it. I'm going to use cable ties to secure the pipe in the shape I want. Then I have 40-50 lbs of live rock that I have already cleaned. I am going to use some of that and break the rest up to make the subtrate that I glue and bond to the pipe. I basically want it to look like a rock once finished. I have a 2.5ft electric blue ribbon eel. This will be his new home in my 300 gallon reef. As Smoothie said once this has had time in the tank and mounting a frag or two it will natural.

I'll pm with address when I get home, as pm'ing on my work computer is difficult.

I'll also make a materials list of things I'll be bringing and list things we might need more of.

Hey guys, Im not going to be able to make this one. I already had prior plans. Hopefully we can get another one going soon. Sorry.

Looks like all the recent moisture has gotten the best of my portland cement, its kind of crumbly......

We'll need;

Sand It takes a good bit)
Portland cement

I still have;

Salt
oyster shells
Decorative shells
styrofoam container
a little play sand

This is providing the waether gets better......

Back