Melafix as a coral dip

johnr2604

Market
Reaction score
The MARS rep was in my store yesterday and mentioned melafix as a coral dip. I kinda blew it off until another member here brought up tee tree oil in the revive coralrx thread. This sent me off to do some more research. Seams to be some info out there that points to melafix working on corals as a dip. From what I've seen, it removes pests including AEFW and nudi's along with promoting tissue growth. I havn't personally tried it yet but was looking for some insight. Has anyone used it? What are your thoughts?

The MARS rep once told me that expired Melafix makes great drain deodorizer. (I'm not kidding)

Might just as well use the real thing - Revive or Reef Dip.

Jenn

I have used it as a dip. As a suggestion from a sponsor, they said they used it on their incoming coral. All I know is all the little critters were getting the h@## off the coral.

JennM;537442 wrote: The MARS rep once told me that expired Melafix makes great drain deodorizer. (I'm not kidding)

Might just as well use the real thing - Revive or Reef Dip.

Jenn
I still stick with the tried and true but just found some of the reading interesting and it really ties into the thread about Revive and Coral RX. Melafix being tea tree oil which happens to have a similar odor to camphor.

Back