MJ Modifications.......WOW!

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
I finally got around to mod'ing one of my MJ1200 for my 55GAL. I followed the instructions exactly. The whole process was quite easy and only took 20 minutes (plus the 24 hours curing of the silicone) I put it in the tank last night and all I have to say HOLY CRAP.....that is a lot of flow. It took several hours for everything to settle back down and all the detris that was blown up to be filtered. This mod is amazing! I am going to mod another and use my coral life timer to alternate directions, one end to the other. Well worth the $25.99. I also bought the magnetic holder (note to self....don't let your fingers get in between the magnets).

Link to mjmods:
index.php

just remember you cannot use a timer that cuts them off and on.They are a pain to restart sometimes.

46bfinga wrote: just remember you cannot use a timer that cuts them off and on.They are a pain to restart sometimes.

Thanks for the heads up....that will definitely change my thought process on mod'ing another.

you can use a seio controller on them though.thats what im doing and it works like a charm! Im running a koralia 4 and mj 600 mod off the controller and they both work just as well.A little more $$$ though.

I'm doing the same mod but I'm haing trouble getting the tubes to go down into the magnet. did yours just slide in there or did you have to force it or trim it?

Billy

Yep amazing little device......and cheap. But for a 55G one isn't enough in there....Don't know your set up but, 4 will most likely be needed. It doesn't push that much Volume of water...it's a tight compact stream...

In time you will be getting a Tunze 6100....:)

washowi wrote: Yep amazing little device......and cheap. But for a 55G one isn't enough in there....Don't know your set up but, 4 will most likely be needed. It doesn't push that much Volume of water...it's a tight compact stream...

In time you will be getting a Tunze 6100....:)

I thought they do move alot of water volume like the seio's and Tunzes.

wrong......young grasshopper...try again to snatch the pebble from my hand..

washowi

Are talking about the stock MJ? I'm about to finish up the mod on my 1200 that I got from Cameron. The prop on the modded one is more like a boat prop. Its got a wide stream.

Billy

Man I don't know.......didn't know I was supposed to read a link...Hell, It's a MJ1200...You tell me? How wide is the stream when it hits the other side of the tank? if isn't isn't more than a few inches, you will need more in a 55.

If it's like a Tunze and say 12 inches wide of movement or more. Than bless you, you beat the $300 Tunze cost badly. Make one for me and there is your first million.

I just am having a hard time buying a 1200 will do what a Tunze does. But what do I know.

Hope I am wrong......remember its still a MJ1200

Just read the link. Nah, I am sticking with the Tunze.

Yeah, my Maxi Jet Mod (1200 with the 3004 prop) produces a fairly wide stream. Not as wide as a Tunze, but close enought to satisfy me. 2 Maxi Jet mods keep me happy in my 120.

-Andy

Hey Todd, you don't live too far from me. If you want to see the maxijet mod in action, just let me know :)

-Andy

Will do that.....Bet you can't control it like a Tunze though. If you can control it at all....That little 1200 will burn out. Hell mine died after a year of use..Not saying that that's normal but those things are not long term use products.

Gone Diving...see ya....

post a picture of it in action...maybe I can be convinced.

Right, you cannot control it. But for $35 and 20 minutes of DIY, its not bad at all.

-Andy

Todd here is a video link of the MJ Mod. Just click the MJ video to the right. It will tell ya everything about it.

a>

Back