MJ Modifications.......WOW!

burdundi wrote: Right, you cannot control it. But for $35 and 20 minutes of DIY, its not bad at all.

-Andy

you can control it with a seio controller it works very well! as long as your using a controller that will slow the pump down and not turn it off it will work.

Well just to let you guys know. I did the mod its great. the only thing is that I can't seem to get it to keep it turning in the right direction. I put in the acrylic bar like the instructions says and it still turns in the wrong direction sometimes. I tested it in my AP24 that just has sand in it and its way too much flow for that little tank but it was fun to watch.

Billy

I just kicked up sand I had the hood down so it was a contained chaos. I might have to make a short video of it. I got to get mounting brackets for it. so it was even funnier because if was just hanging by its cord in the tank. When I first plugged it in it was pulling wanter instead of pushing so it want to the bottom of the tank and threw up sand in every direction out of the shroud. I unplugged it and then tried again and this time it went to the top and actually tried to go around the tank. I'm glad that there wasn't anything in it. Well if there was anything in it I would have just tested it in the bathtub.

Billy

The magnet mount works well also. As for it turning in the wrong direction, make sure your acrylic bar is low enough that it will stop the impeller going in the wrong direction. Another way it to make your impeller rod a little longer so the impeller will hit the rod. I know these are not as good as a Tunze, but for the price, especially with a few old MJ1200 laying around, they do a great job. Lots of flow, I mean lots compared to any cheaper PH I have ever seen. A good upgrade for the money minded reefer!

Back