My reef creations

jetchris

Market
Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone has an actual tank from MRC, I have heard that the tanks are pretty sturdy. I have read that SEA has since taken over MRC - But I would like to know how the old MRC tanks are holding up?? The reason I am curious is because a guy I work with has a 180g acrylic that is empty. Thank you for your help and remember protect your children from the internet and predators.

The allegations towards the previous owner have NOTHING to do with the quality of the equipment.

I dont own a tank, but do own a sump, skimmer, calcium reactor, and kalk reactor, and all have been flawless.

Chris
Put a post on reefcentral and ask on there . I have not heard anything negative about the tanks.

I have a 240g tank from MRC. Top quality, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend MRC to anyone. I've seen 10g to 600g tanks come out of that shop, out of as much as 1.5" acrylic.

Mine was the very first tank made by MRC, and was doing great. (I use past tense because I had to move recently, and the tank has not been set back up yet).

MRC got most of his tips and techniques from the guy in Oregon (who's name currently escapes me) who builds large tanks.

The ownership has changed, although Tim (owner of SEA) also has a great deal of experience with acrylic, and has worked on some of MRC's projects in the past.

Either way, I'll say that everythign I've gotten from MRC has been top quality, including the tank.

Agreed with the quality comments above. MRC was and is considered one of the top of the line acrylic working companies. You likely won't find much better out there.

All the tanks they build that ive seen and used have been allmost overbuilt. They go thicker with materials than most other companys, no bow or flex. Tim is the guy who built all the ones from mrc that i've used.

I have a 320 and am happy with the quality and build.... 84x30x30 (3/4" acrylic, I believe tim built the most if not all of it., I know he drilled those extra bulkhead holes....) When this story broke out I was considering ordering a custom sump, so the story was a little bummer... now I think I can go to tim about it...

All the mrc tanks i have seen have been amazing. When i get a new tank, it will be made by the new owners of mrc

I have a 20" cube that was built a couple years ago. I specifically wanted no bracing for the open top to be used with a pendant fixture. I love the tank and have had no quality concerns. Here are some photos of it:

cube0612.jpg
alt="" />

cube0612_2.jpg
alt="" />

cube0612_3.jpg
alt="" />

mojo;92342 wrote: I have a 240g tank from MRC. Top quality, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend MRC to anyone. I've seen 10g to 600g tanks come out of that shop, out of as much as 1.5" acrylic.

Mine was the very first tank made by MRC, and was doing great. (I use past tense because I had to move recently, and the tank has not been set back up yet).

MRC got most of his tips and techniques from the guy in Oregon (who's name currently escapes me) who builds large tanks.

The ownership has changed, although Tim (owner of SEA) also has a great deal of experience with acrylic, and has worked on some of MRC's projects in the past.

Either way, I'll say that everythign I've gotten from MRC has been top quality, including the tank.

Chris, would it not be more accurate to say that you are currently in negotiations with MRC to have your tank replaced at cost because you fear that one of the seems is getting weak and may fail?
Also, although the BOD has chosen to ignore the truth about MRC some facts are not being accurately represented.
1) MRC is a chapter "S" corporation owned 50/50 between Mr. and Mrs. Diass so as long as Mr. Diass is in custody no sale can be made if it will be at all.

2)S.E.A. is owned by Tim, as well as Margi Shindell ( she represents a 10% ownership) Does this not cause a conflict of interest? BOD, Macna, SWU, Vs. Sponsorship?

Just pointing out facts.

Chris Carella

mafiaman;93867 wrote: Chris, would it not be more accurate to say that you are currently in negotiations with MRC to have your tank replaced at cost because you fear that one of the seems is getting weak and may fail?

No. It would be accurate to say that I moved recently, and after the tank was moved, I decided to replace the tank because the seams aren't perfect (nor did I expect them to be- mine was the first tank MRC built). I never had any indication that the tank was weak or may fail. MRC had agreed to replace the tank at cost (as goodwill), just in case those imperfect seams did cause a problem.

Please don't comment about things you know nothing about. I've never talked to you; I've only had the pleasure of talking to you through posts.

Also, although the BOD has chosen to ignore the truth about MRC some facts are not being accurately represented.

And I have no idea what this has to do with MRC's build quality. Nevertheless, I'll point out the correct facts:

1) MRC is a chapter "S" corporation owned 50/50 between Mr. and Mrs. Diass so as long as Mr. Diass is in custody no sale can be made if it will be at all.

No, MRC is an Limited Liability Corporation. Any receipt from them will state this. People can legally sign paperwork while in jail, so I don't see why a sale can't be made. Nevertheless, the sponsorship status has not changed from it's "pending" status since the news about Andy broke out.

2)S.E.A. is owned by Tim, as well as Margi Shindell ( she represents a 10% ownership) Does this not cause a conflict of interest? BOD, Macna, SWU, Vs. Sponsorship?

SEA is</em> owned by Tim and Margi. Tim is not on the Board. Margi is not on the Board. Steve Shindell is no longer on the board. Margi does help with MACNA and SWU. Even Steven Pro gives talks at MACNA and SWU, and owns his own company. So do other speakers. MRC under Andy was a sponsor for years, even though Andy was ARC president in 2003, and there was never an issue.

I may agree if the Board somehow benefited from their sponsorship, but since sponsorship is only a recogintion of a valid business (no money or products change hands), then I can't see how this can be construed as a conflict of interest.

Again, I'm not sure what this has to do with build quality. If you have positive or negative things to say about MRC products, then this is the thread.

:lol2: LOL! I wish the BoD had special privileges. I paid $45 for just a flange... and it wasn't even cut how I asked it to be! :confused2: :doh:

As far as the MRC sponsor status... I'm not sure how many times the Board needs to say it. It is under review and will be discussed at tomorrow's BoD meeting.

Maybe an audio for those who dont absorb information as easy when they are reading it :)

So...when are we going to discuss sponsors and the MRC?

J/K!!!

<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="color: #000000;">Business Name History</span></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;"><span style="color: #000000;">Name</span></span></span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;"><span style="color: #000000;">Name Type</span></span></span>MY REEF CREATIONS, LLC <span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">Current Name</span></span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="color: #000000;">Limited Liability Company - Domestic - Information</span></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;"><span style="color: #000000;">Control No.:</span></span></span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">0136165</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">Status:</span></span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">Active/Compliance</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">Entity Creation Date:</span></span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">8/8/2001</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">J</span></span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">urisdiction:</span></span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">GA</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">Principal Office Address:</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">135 STANLEY COURT, SUITE 105</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Arial;">LAWRENCEVILLE GA 30045 </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">Last Annual Registration Filed Date:</span></span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">3/31/2007</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">Last Annual Registration Filed:</span></span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">2007</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="color: #000000;">Registered Agent</span></span></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">Agent Name:</span></span>http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Agent.asp?1212686"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;"><span style="color: #0000ff;">ANN P. DAISS</span></span></span></a> <span style="color: red;"><----</span>
[B]<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">Office Address:</span></span>[/B]<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 12px;"><span style="font-family: Arial;">xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx </span></span>
[B]<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">Agent County:</span></span>[/B]<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">GWINNETT</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Arial;">-------------------------------------------------</span>

<span style="font-family: Arial;">Are we ready to close this once and for all?</span>

well, i decided against the MRC tank mainly because i have 120g I am also setting up. Melissa nice pic of your tank is that a 24cube ? If anyone wants that MRC 180g the dude is selling it for $500. LMK

Back