My wifes little birthday present

I don't see why a fuge in the back with chaeto would be pointless. I actually think it would help with such a small tank, and just do 1 gallon water changes every week. Then no need for a skimmer or anything.

ICEMAN832;511022 wrote: would be really interested if you made another one......

That sounds like you are ready to spend some money.:lol2:
Just playin man, I have several pico and nano type tanks that I am working on specs for right now and you are welcome to be a guinea pig. When you come upto Glens next weekend, stop in.

EliPhant;511029 wrote: I don't see why a fuge in the back with chaeto would be pointless. I actually think it would help with such a small tank, and just do 1 gallon water changes every week. Then no need for a skimmer or anything.

No reason I cant put macros in the display as well.

Thought I would update this as her birthday is Monday. Total volume is 4.5 gal.
Picture 5 shows how high the water level is, I think I will decrease the size of the pump a little. Hand sanding this thing was a bear but fun, I decided I would round over every edge and then hand sand and polish.

I hope she realizes how much has went into this little bity thing.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

That's awesome, Chris. I think she's gonna love it. BTW, how did you hook up the return pump? I'm still trying to decide the best way to do that on mine.

I do have a dremel, router and polishing equipment as well. But this is for my biggest fan so if I had to do it with a toothbrush I would have.:D
I started with 60 grit, 80, 100, 150, 220, 320, 600, 1000, 1500, 2500, 3600 and finished with 12000 grit. Was really fun, when something I was working on just got too frustrating I would just walk over and grab the tank and start sanding.

Back