Need help building a stand. First time

HobanWashburne;1056031 wrote: Sorry, I mean I don't mind using framing lumber or cabinet quality wood from a space or overbuild standpoint. I have done essentially 0 wood working and am drawn to how straight forward and "easy" the one I linked to is.

That being said, I'd love to try a more sophisticated design, but I would need to work off some plans that are safe for that amount of weight.
Gotcha.

HobanWashburne;1056031 wrote: Sorry, I mean I don't mind using framing lumber or cabinet quality wood from a space or overbuild standpoint. I have done essentially 0 wood working and am drawn to how straight forward and "easy" the one I linked to is.

That being said, I'd love to try a more sophisticated design, but I would need to work off some plans that are safe for that amount of weight.
Does anyone have any plans for such a stand?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

40B. Want room for a 20L sump under as well

I'd say with trim. Hadn't thought much about height. 3'? I'm not sure what's standard.

Do you like this one?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1057507=64899-40 b walnut - Copy.jpg
>
1057507=64899-40 b walnut - Copy.jpg
class="gc-images" title="40 b walnut - Copy.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

No big hurry at all. Thank you for your help. That stand looks great by the way.

What would guys think about having a stand building gathering at my shop one weekend? I'd be glad to give a little training class on it.

I think we would have time to construct a couple of boxes.

Maybe even trim one.
I'd basically show you how to design them and construct them using pocket screws
We could have several members come over and watch if some are interested.

I'd definitely be interested but you are a long way away from me. I'm in Athens and getting ready to move to Eatonton.

grouper therapy;1057512 wrote: What would guys think about having a stand building gathering at my shop one weekend? I'd be glad to give a little training class on it.

I think we would have time to construct a couple of boxes.

Maybe even trim one.
I'd basically show you how to design them and construct them using pocket screws
We could have several members come over and watch if some are interested.
this is a good idea for the next group meeting. BOD, you out there listening?

hzheng33;1057514 wrote: this is a good idea for the next group meeting. BOD, you out there listening?

Considering the turn out we have been having for meetings it may be difficult logistically. But, I would be willing to work with Dave to see how we could accommodate something like that. We will work on it.

Not sure I could handle more than a dozen folks. Not that I would mind more I just have to consider safety first and foremost. But we might could do a couple of them if need be. I was really targeting the DIY folks .

popsbjd;1057513 wrote: I'd definitely be interested but you are a long way away from me. I'm in Athens and getting ready to move to Eatonton.

That would be a ride for sure. I don't mind doing you a design if you want.

grouper therapy;1057520 wrote: Not sure I could handle more than a dozen folks. Not that I would mind more I just have to consider safety first and foremost. But we might could do a couple of them if need be. I was really targeting the DIY folks .

That is my fear as well. We don't like to limit who can attend our monthly meetings but if you wanted to set something up it wouldn't have to be our monthly meeting. Shoot, I would like to attend if for no other reason just to see your set up. :) OK, maybe I could learn something too so I would be called a wood butcherer any more.

Back