Par Meter Rental!

I need to be added as well. Just changed my lights out
Auburn, ga
Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Will be swapping lights and would like to rent for Par-Meter if possible. Can whomever is handling the rentals reach out to me pls?
Thanks.

In 2021 we did 14 member par readings. So far in 2022 we've done 19 and we have 14 people in line waiting to get readings done. Out of those 12 three people want to rent and the rest want readings. Everyone except @mattgee87 and @Sun1914 have been contacted. The biggest problem we have is that the two people doing the readings are myself and @Doberman13. We both like doing them but it does take quite a bit of time.

Given the interest in this program and the increased volume it would be really cool if we had a few more people that would be will to take over an area of town to do readings. Currently we just have Justin in the Stone Mountain area and David in the Duluth/Norcross area. It's getting to be a big ask for these guys to do all of the readings all over town.

If we had 1 on the west side, Mableton/Austell; One on the Norwest side, Marietta/Kennesaw; And one on the North side, Alpharetta/Milton/Cumming, it would be a big a big help to everyone in the club not just these two guys. We could get everyone's readings done faster and less time and wear & tear on volunteers vehicles. The only other option I see is more people start renting meters and handle the pickup & return themselves. We currently have 3 meters so one can be rented and two for the in person readings. I don't think the rest of the officers would oppose buying one or two more for people to rent out.

Either way I believe the time has come to reevaluate the program and make some changes. What does everyone else think?

Given the interest in this program and the increased volume it would be really cool if we had a few more people that would be will to take over an area of town to do readings. Currently we just have Justin in the Stone Mountain area and David in the Duluth/Norcross area. It's getting to be a big ask for these guys to do all of the readings all over town.

If we had 1 on the west side, Mableton/Austell; One on the Norwest side, Marietta/Kennesaw; And one on the North side, Alpharetta/Milton/Cumming, it would be a big a big help to everyone in the club not just these two guys. We could get everyone's readings done faster and less time and wear & tear on volunteers vehicles. The only other option I see is more people start renting meters and handle the pickup & return themselves. We currently have 3 meters so one can be rented and two for the in person readings. I don't think the rest of the officers would oppose buying one or two more for people to rent out.

Either way I believe the time has come to reevaluate the program and make some changes. What does everyone else think?
I live on the west side. But dont see much of a need for one on this side of town. I would be happy to help with readings in my area.

In 2021 we did 14 member par readings. So far in 2022 we've done 19 and we have 14 people in line waiting to get readings done. Out of those 12 three people want to rent and the rest want readings. Everyone except @mattgee87 and @Sun1914 have been contacted. The biggest problem we have is that the two people doing the readings are myself and @Doberman13. We both like doing them but it does take quite a bit of time.
Unless I missed a pm I didn't get anything. But I understand it's a busy time of year.

I spoke with @Doberman13 a while ago about hold on to one in North Cobb. I will offer my assistance holding on to one for people to come and rent.

I spoke with @Doberman13 a while ago about hold on to one in North Cobb. I will offer my assistance holding on to one for people to come and rent.
Hey Sean, what I proposed was for someone in those areas to do actual readings, not hold onto a meter until someone wants to "rent" it. If we bought more to loan out we would hold them at a BoD members house that supporting members could go to and pickup after paying the deposit, then bring it back there to get the refund.

Also, for everyone else, "rent" is probably the wrong term. The club takes a deposit for loaning a meter out. Every time the club "loans" one out, it costs us, ARC, $17.50 as PayPal still gets their 3.5% cut. We don't view that as an issue as it's worth the benefit to the supporting members.

BRS no longer offers a true rental. They sell you an open box unit for $429.00 and allow you to return it within 60 days for an $80 restocking charge. Which they will then send out to the next person that "buys" the open boxed item.
Aquarium Specialty is the only place I've found that still offers what they call a rental for $55.99. But they charge you $365.00 and refunds you $309.01, "if" (big IF) you return it in working order within 7 days.
And neither of these are available at the time of typing this out.

We're all happy that this has become so popular but at the same time it has become a bit of a burden for the two guys who do all the readings. If anyone has any ideas to make this easier for everyone, we will be glad to hear your thoughts.

Hey Sean, what I proposed was for someone in those areas to do actual readings, not hold onto a meter until someone wants to "rent" it. If we bought more to loan out we would hold them at a BoD members house that supporting members could go to and pickup after paying the deposit, then bring it back there to get the refund.

Also, for everyone else, "rent" is probably the wrong term. The club takes a deposit for loaning a meter out. Every time the club "loans" one out, it costs us, ARC, $17.50 as PayPal still gets their 3.5% cut. We don't view that as an issue as it's worth the benefit to the supporting members.

BRS no longer offers a true rental. They sell you an open box unit for $429.00 and allow you to return it within 60 days for an $80 restocking charge. Which they will then send out to the next person that "buys" the open boxed item.
Aquarium Specialty is the only place I've found that still offers what they call a rental for $55.99. But they charge you $365.00 and refunds you $309.01, "if" (big IF) you return it in working order within 7 days.
And neither of these are available at the time of typing this out.

We're all happy that this has become so popular but at the same time it has become a bit of a burden for the two guys who do all the readings. If anyone has any ideas to make this easier for everyone, we will be glad to hear your thoughts.
I have no issues with doing readings in west ga area.

Any idea when these units will be available? I know it's a busy time so I understand if it will be awhile.

Back