Phosphate in a 30gal

Man, I need to make the ride up there to get some water. My corals don't like the 2 ppb I have in the system right now. Eric, you and I should meet halfway and swap out 10g of used tank water. In there defense, I aim for somewhere around 10 ppb in my systems so it's not all that bad. But when you're trying to get phosphates out of your system, it's best to use water with the lowest possible levels.

For sale reef fertilizer , 2$ a gallon , bring your own jug . Subscriptions available . This is the finest high phosphate water you can buy anywhere . This goes through our proprietary all natural phosphate injection process resulting only high quality phosphates available on the market.

So I dosed the jugs with proper amount , let them sit for an hour after shaking, put a bag of chemi pure and carbon in a filter sock and basically poured it back and forth a few times and did a 10 gallon water change , about half the water volume . Trimmed back the chaeto , turned up the fuge light and lengthened the light cycle . Only going to feed live brine shrimp for a few weeks , we'll see how that goes . I'll get the rodi set up this week I hope .

Any idea why I'm always fighting a high phosphate number . Not trying to hit a number really . Just not liking .2 all the time . Seems to be a bit high . Per Hannah checkers

Adjusted fuge light to 14hrs a day from 8hrs hoping that would help ...not much change . Harvesting chaeto every couple days . Like a baseball size chunk .

Only feeding a half cube of food a week in 2 drained servings .

5gal water change religiously every sun .

Starting to think it's just a matter of a small tank and fuge combo ? Any ideas

Don't try to chase the number. From what I know, 0.2 ppm of Phosphate is normal in a reef tank

Really like to be anything below that .like half at least . I can do a water change get it down change filters and get it down but in a week it's back up . Looks like I'll just keep using the phosphate e to keep it down yet stable . Big bio load in a small tank is my own doing. But only till I get this new tank up .

Whatever I just have high phosphates , case closed . Can't feed the bioload I have and remove the waste naturally in a tank this small . I've tried it all at this point I'll just add the phosphate remover . Can't wait to get the new tank up and running. Make this thing into my QT .

You can always add phosphate reactor which will help draw out to get to the levels you want. Just make sure you have good tumbling action on bio pellets.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Back