Pics of an Acro Pack I just got....I like!

werent you just saying that your "volcanoe "palys cost over 200 per polyp online?so if you say you havent payed more than 20 per polyp for anything and youre charging 75 per polyp?
btw,you cant honestly compare zs and ps and mushrooms to acroporas...its just silly

MarquiseO;980958 wrote: That's the common name that floats around for that acro. I am not into that whole lineage thing. That's just an attempt to say "my corals came from this person first and yours didn't".

Sorry but you are wrong.

reeferman;981031 wrote: werent you just saying that your "volcanoe "palys cost over 200 per polyp online?so if you say you havent payed more than 20 per polyp for anything and youre charging 75 per polyp?
btw,you cant honestly compare zs and ps and mushrooms to acroporas...its just silly

Yes, that's the current market value. I am pretty much charging half the price or less. So you tell me that a LFS buying from a wholesaler for cheap and seller at markup is acceptable? Wasn't comparing just mentioning observations.

I am not here to argue with you or to debate who has been researching longer. I am simply stating my observations based at home studies I have conducted. If I had the time and lab grade equipment, I guess my studies would then catch attention. So you win, for the sake of stroking your ego and ending this conversation.

FF337;981032 wrote: Sorry but you are wrong.

Prime example:
a>

Your argument is kind of like "if a car isn't put together properly, it won't perform like the car that is put together properly".

I know that sounds really basic, but certain corals thrive under specific conditions. Putting them in these conditions and maintaining their requirements will create a predictable result. Not doing that will alter the color and create an unknown (in some cases) result. Low light on a red planet introduces green, higher light more white... But it's still a red planet and easily identifiable as one. People aren't changing the name on that coral because they have it in lower light... Its not like it turns purple and green and no one has any clue what it is.

i really dont see it as an argument,more of a discussion with greatly differing opinions.
im also not trying to discredit anything you have studied.just simply pointing out that no matter what you have read or researched,real world experience trumps that.what you were stating was incorrect based on my and countless other acro keepers experiences.
im not out to make an enemy or make anyone look bad and if you ask anyone in this club,i do not have an ego.i am probably the most humble guy on these boards.i rarely speak up on things but i had to point out that what you were proposing was just not correct.i apologize to you if it came across rude as it was not my intention.
btw,and i mean this with all sincerity...thank you for your service,just noticed your occupation.

the rr jawdropper is NOT an aquacultured acro.it is simply a wild collected overhyped coral.

Completely different. That coral was photographed after it came out of the ocean, maricultured. Garf bonsai qas taken after it was aquacultured. You are now seeing the argument of a coral that did not hold its color after being transformed from maricultured to aquacultured.

It was also advertised as aquacultured. And was found to be bogus.

FF337;981044 wrote: Completely different. That coral was photographed after it came out of the ocean, maricultured. Garf bonsai qas taken after it was aquacultured. You are now seeing the argument of a coral that did not hold its color after being transformed from maricultured to aquacultured.

It was also advertised as aquacultured. And was found to be bogus.
I think you misread the thread. The argument about the RR Jawbreaker was that RR USA was marketing it as the RR Jawbreaker that came from RR Canada. RR Canada stated it never sold to RRUSA which is a different copycat company. RR USA then stated that it bought the coral from Taiwan which the Taiwan store stated that it did not sell to anyone in the US. Both corals look identical just one came from RR Canada. Even the people bought it from RR USA a long time ago still have the same exact coloration.

I just wanted to clear that up.

+1 to Reeferman. He has helped tons of people with knowledge of corals and has always been first class when ive seen him at frag swaps. Def doesnt have an ego from what ive seen

always been a pleasure speaking with you too Jimmy
sorry Jeff,i certainly did not intend on my comments to hijack your thread.
it is a gorgeous frag pack for an awesome price. :)

reeferman;981043 wrote: i really dont see it as an argument,more of a discussion with greatly differing opinions.
im also not trying to discredit anything you have studied.just simply pointing out that no matter what you have read or researched,real world experience trumps that.what you were stating was incorrect based on my and countless other acro keepers experiences.
im not out to make an enemy or make anyone look bad and if you ask anyone in this club,i do not have an ego.i am probably the most humble guy on these boards.i rarely speak up on things but i had to point out that what you were proposing was just not correct.i apologize to you if it came across rude as it was not my intention.
btw,and i mean this with all sincerity...thank you for your service,just noticed your occupation.

the rr jawdropper is NOT an aquacultured acro.it is simply a wild collected overhyped coral.

tonymission;981048 wrote: I also really appreciate your service, Marquise.
But you're wrong :p

Thank you both for your support.

I am simply stating that the current data that most people regurgitate needs to be updated. Every few years something new is discovered and the old data is thrown out. As you stated you have been around a long time, I am 100% sure you have seen things that have been discuss to be one way but completely different the next year.

Anyways back on topic. GLW your new sps, OP. Sorry to hijack your thread.

MarquiseO;981049 wrote: I think you misread the thread. The argument about the RR Jawbreaker was that RR USA was marketing it as the RR Jawbreaker that came from RR Canada. RR Canada stated it never sold to RRUSA which is a different copycat company. RR USA then stated that it bought the coral from Taiwan which the Taiwan store stated that it did not sell to anyone in the US. Both corals look identical just one came from RR Canada. Even the people bought it from RR USA a long time ago still have the same exact coloration.

I just wanted to clear that up.

I have been following that coral since it hit the scene. The colors are no where as vivid until photoshop is involved. The frags they are taking pictures of look horrible compared to the wild colony. I have talked to two of them and they agree

And the canada usa bs is crap too. Contrary to popular belief. This voral is not the only type floating around. It idblikely the collector split the colony and sold peices to different vendors. Thr ocean is vast and yet to think we have only ventured into some 3% of it.

JimmyStephens;981050 wrote: +1 to Reeferman. He has helped tons of people with knowledge of corals and has always been first class when ive seen him at frag swaps. Def doesnt have an ego from what ive seen

I am pretty sure he has that vast amount of knowledge and never discredit anyone. His statements presented pointed out a egotistical but that's ok. I hope to one day do a study with him so I can probe all the knowledge he has to futher research but that would have to be after my military career. ;)

FF337;981055 wrote: I have been following that coral since it hit the scene. The colors are no where as vivid until photoshop is involved. The frags they are taking pictures of look horrible compared to the wild colony. I have talked to two of them and they agree

And the canada usa bs is crap too. Contrary to popular belief. This voral is not the only type floating around. It idblikely the collector split the colony and sold peices to different vendors. Thr ocean is vast and yet to think we have only ventured into some 3% of it.

I think you are straying away from the original post I made.

FF337;981060 wrote: I dont know what your trying to say. Op your pack looks nice. .

I stated
"That's the common name that floats around for that acro. I am not into that whole lineage thing. That's just an attempt to say "my corals came from this person first and yours didn't". "

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You posted

I was wrong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted the issue with the RR Jawbreaker.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
You stated something far away from the point that the hobbyist in that post are mad that their coral was thought to come from RR Canada's coral but instead got an identical one which RR USA is marketing as the same one from RR Canada. They would have never known if someone didn't bring it to light. Same coral different seller. Which it goes back to my first post of :

"That's the common name that floats around for that acro. I am not into that whole lineage thing. That's just an attempt to say "my corals came from this person first and yours didn't". "

You are still wrong. A bonsai is purple with green polyps. A garf bonsai is purple with green polyps lineaged from Garf.

He bought it as a purple bonsai. Garf bought a wild colony and after the color "morphed" or stabilized colors called he then called it Garf Bonsai. He gave the coral the name bonsai.

You came to his thread and tried to correct him calling it a Garf Bonsai. You got corrected and then got defensive.

Sure there are many like it out there. Hense, the 3% of the ocean comment.

"He"may be "They" I dont knoe Garf personally.

tonymission;981041 wrote: Your argument is kind of like "if a car isn't put together properly, it won't perform like the car that is put together properly".

I know that sounds really basic, but certain corals thrive under specific conditions. Putting them in these conditions and maintaining their requirements will create a predictable result. Not doing that will alter the color and create an unknown (in some cases) result. Low light on a red planet introduces green, higher light more white... But it's still a red planet and easily identifiable as one. People aren't changing the name on that coral because they have it in lower light... Its not like it turns purple and green and no one has any clue what it is.

I kinda get your analogy but were are referring to a complex organism which have yet to fully understand. I do understand your view to an extent but these are just mine. Also, traces elements do impact colorations a lot.

i was trying to say Garf Bonsai is not the common name,Bonsai is but not Garf.Garf has specific lineage and is distinctly different in growth structure[regardless of flow]from your typical acropora secale.the growth structure is what makes the Garf unique,not the coloration.there are tons of purple with green polyp secales but not with the growth pattern of the Garf.that is what made the Garf special.
we can totally agree to disagree on this one with no hurt feelings.
now back to your regularly scheduled thread :)

Back