Pics of an Acro Pack I just got....I like!

kilralpine;981181 wrote: So are all of his sales auction only? or does he have wysiwyg buyout stuff?

He just started doing buy it now sales a few weeks ago. You'll see them from time to time. Most of them will be auctions though.

Very nice Jeff!
I agree with your comment and (lol) like how you waited until they were done to answer haha

reeferman;981016 wrote: not to be facetious but i hardly doubt you could teach me anything about growing acroporas lol.the branch structure can and will be directly influenced by what species it is.no matter how much flow you have,try to make a red dragon get thick fat branches like an abrotanoides...not gonna happen.
if you buy a known lineaged piece and you cant get the colors that the original has then you have a water quality problem.if your purple monster is not purple then you are not doing something right.
true lineaged aquacultured acros under the correct conditions will almost always show their true colors.dont blame the lack of the proper coloring on the luck of the draw.
obviously if you think buying on lineage is a waste,im not gonna change your mind but to say its a waste because of morphing is just total crap.lineaged aquacultured acros are known for maintaining their colors under the correct conditions.not being able to maintain the correct conditions is not the "name games" problem.
again,not trying to be rude but if you dont understand this,then you have not been in the acro game quite long enough.
wild and maricultured acros are known for morphing but aquacultured are generally very stable and true to their lineage.
there will always be folks who say buying a name is a waste so i wont even begin to try to make you understand.

:yes:

porpoiseaquatics;981145 wrote: I'm really hoping that several of these do well bec. Cause if they hold the colors they currently havell look great! My real concern is they were grown out under 400w Radion 20K MH and now they're under LEDs. Even so, so far, the colors are holding even though it's only been 2 days.

Nice pack Jeff. Hopefully you'll guide me through get some of those in some future. My lights will be T5's

About keeping them under leds.... now again Reggie would have the best oponion. Well, I believe his leds are DIY and wpuld be next to imposible to recreate the same led ratio with any led fixture existing in the market now.

Hey Jeff just give it to me and problem solved:) I just know its a pretty coral.
In order to keep SPS, do you NEED a calcium reactor or can you just dose kalk?

saltbubbles;981300 wrote: Hey Jeff just give it to me and problem solved:) I just know its a pretty coral.

LOL@Diana!!! That would solve the name problem but then I wouldn't have the coral and I'd be sad. You gonna give me visitation rights??

Honestly....I did acros before with just dosing albeit...I only had a couple then. Now I've got a CA reactor and gonna try to do about 15 total colonies. We'll see how it works out.

saltbubbles;981300 wrote: Hey Jeff just give it to me and problem solved:) I just know its a pretty coral.

You don't NEED a calc reactor. Dosing two part can accomplish the same result. It's more about keeping your alkalinity stable than anything else. Big swings are when people lose their sticks. There's a lot more forgiveness with your calcium assuming you have enough.

I also don't think you need to be dosing or anything with a couple small frags if you want to try it out. Just keep up with your water changes and start with something like an orange digi, which will grow laying on the sand in the back corner of your tank if you had it there.

porpoiseaquatics;981363 wrote: LOL@Diana!!! That would solve the name problem but then I wouldn't have the coral and I'd be sad. You gonna give me visitation rights??

Honestly....I did acros before with just dosing albeit...I only had a couple then. Now I've got a CA reactor and gonna try to do about 15 total colonies. We'll see how it works out.
lol Nah but I'll consider SELLING you a frag :p

tonymission;981373 wrote: You don't NEED a calc reactor. Dosing two part can accomplish the same result. It's more about keeping your alkalinity stable than anything else. Big swings are when people lose their sticks. There's a lot more forgiveness with your calcium assuming you have enough.

I also don't think you need to be dosing or anything with a couple small frags if you want to try it out. Just keep up with your water changes and start with something like an orange digi, which will grow laying on the sand in the back corner of your tank if you had it there.

I actually have a Blue Staghorn (from Rich) that is growing pretty well and ponope birdsnest but I'm just lucky with those. Thanks guys I will read up on keeping SPS. Not my cup of tea (too much work;) )but there are some that I do like.

tonymission;981373 wrote: YIt's more about keeping your alkalinity stable than anything else. Big swings are when people lose their sticks. There's a lot more forgiveness with your calcium assuming you have enough.

:yes: Aaaaaaand that's why they should be called an Alkalinity Reactor....after all, you do test for that when setting it up.

Bump... Want to know how they do and who you got them from. Cost$$$

saltbubbles;981556 wrote: I actually have a Blue Staghorn (from Rich)

Once my new tank is up and stable I would love to get a frag of that. I was hoping someone still had some. Grew like a weed in my old tank.

rdnelson99;983054 wrote: Once my new tank is up and stable I would love to get a frag of that. I was hoping someone still had some. Grew like a weed in my old tank.

Of course Rich. When should we expect to see it finished?

saltbubbles;983063 wrote: Of course Rich. When should we expect to see it finished?

Probably a month before water goes in and then the cycle begins so it would be several months before I am ready.

Back