Pics of an Acro Pack I just got....I like!

FF337;981066 wrote: You are still wrong. A bonsai is purple with green polyps. A garf bonsai is purple with green polyps lineaged from Garf.

He bought it as a purple bonsai. Garf bought a wild colony and called it Garf Bonsai. He gave the coral the name bonsai.

You came to his thread and tried to correct him calling it a Garf Bonsai. You got corrected and then got defensive.

Sure there are many like it out there. Hense, the 3% of the ocean comment.

Yet again your arguments are all over the place.

I said it looks like a garf bonsai. Someone stated it is a bonsai but just not from garfs "lineage". In which, I still stated that I am not into the linage thing. It's a common name and I am pretty sure that the bonsai will still be called a garf bonsai in the future. I haven't gotten defensive. I am simply discussing. You are misinterpreting the tone of my responses by adding your probable emotional response.

MarquiseO;980923 wrote: The 6th one is a Garf Bonsai. It can be a fast grower. That's a lot of green sps which is good. Green sps are easier to morph into magnificent pieces but there are some that don't.

You said number six is a GARF BONSAI. It is not. It is secale acropora nicknamed bonsai.

Is this any more clear.

usually the only folks who refer to it as a Garf Bonsai when its not are those who dont have a lot of experience with lineaged acros.not saying this is the case here,just making a generalized statement.

In fact I can not tell if it is a secale acropora until it gets a tad larger. Op Yuri pdate this threadnin a couple months.

FF337;981076 wrote: You said number six is a GARF BONSAI. It is not. It is secale acropora nicknamed bonsai.

Is this any more clear.

Umm.....just run along. Reeferman made good points. You are letting your emotions cloud you in a discussion.

And actually it's Acropora secale</em>.

reeferman;981078 wrote: usually the only folks who refer to it as a Garf Bonsai when its not are those who dont have a lot of experience with lineaged acros.not saying this is the case here,just making a generalized statement.

I gave him a general direction to know what coral he has. If I had given him the scientific name he would have still asked for a common name for which he can relate the one he has to.

FF337;981084 wrote: He already had the right name.......

Nope, you haven't even been close to being right yet. You couldn't even get the scientific name correct. smh

MarquiseO;981088 wrote: Nope, you haven't even been close to being right yet. You couldn't even get the scientific name correct. smh

Clown

Number six is a beautiful coral. I'd love to have that in my tank. Good luck growing these out, OP!!

:hijacked:

So here's what I don't get.........why when two people have a difference of opinion, it can't be discussed rationally and if needed, all parties agree to disagree? Why does one have to call out another because of a differing opinion? This just doesn't make sense to me. I can appreciate the differing opinions based on what's been read and what has been seen. Frankly, I'm more likely to follow what is seen. As an electronics engineer in college.....thankfully not in real life.....I saw this first hand as electronics deals strictly with theory and not application. They can be completely different given certain conditions. Theory says electricity will act one way but in a real application it may act another. Does that make it wrong? Put an Electronics Engineer and an Electrical Engineer in a room and see what happens. It won't be pretty...:lol2:

I don't generally get on a soapbox about these kinds of issues but it just happens that you guys picked my thread to do it in therefore I have the right to put in my say. Thank you for your opinions and thanks for the comments. I just hope the survive and thrive. Frankly....I could care less about it's name. I pick what I like because I like it.

Really nice pack Jeff! I've been wanting to move to more SPS now! You are inspiring me to get moving on it!

Bcavalli;981143 wrote: Really nice pack Jeff! I've been wanting to move to more SPS now! You are inspiring me to get moving on it!

I'm really hoping that several of these do well because if they hold the colors they currently have....they'll look great! My real concern is they were grown out under 400w Radion 20K MH and now they're under LEDs. Even so, so far, the colors are holding even though it's only been 2 days.

I look forward to seeing them! Great color and like you said, Ill be interested to see if they maintain the color under the LEDs over time.

porpoiseaquatics;981145 wrote: I'm really hoping that several of these do well because if they hold the colors they currently have....they'll look great! My real concern is they were grown out under 400w Radion 20K MH and now they're under LEDs. Even so, so far, the colors are holding even though it's only been 2 days.

Great Pack :up: Jeff and your being a really good sport not complaining about the thread getting a little side track.

Back