Primary causes of RTN STN and why can't it be stopped?

porpoiseaquatics;986196 wrote: So my next question is....if my pH is at 8.2, Alk is at 11, CA is at 500 and my Mg is at 1400 consistently...how do I get my Alk to drop a couple of points without affecting the other 3?

water changes with some great low alk salt such as Salinity (must be mixed 24 hours before use for proper aeration)

porpoiseaquatics;986196 wrote: So my next question is....if my pH is at 8.2, Alk is at 11, CA is at 500 and my Mg is at 1400 consistently...how do I get my Alk to drop a couple of points without affecting the other 3?
let it drop on its own while dosing the others.

Not that this is the only right answer but personally I would change salt mix to something with parameters you want "out the box". Now I say that using ESV (high alk) but it's a four part mix so I can adjust the individual components (somewhat).

porpoiseaquatics;986230 wrote: I don't dose. I use a CA Reactor and water changes and those are the numbers I get.

The only other way is to change to a salt with a guaranteed lower dKH. Red Sea Coral (Blue bucket) salt has a dkH around 7-8 at 1.025.

Jeff,adjust your reactor down a little(less drips or higher set point).500 calcium is a little high also,you could stand to be a tad lower.i keep mine at 8.5 kh and 420 on calcium(not that you have to match that lol)

Back