ReefStinger's 160 new build. Advice please

Good thin I took the "Evelyn Wood Speed Reading Course" Only took me 2 hours to figure out that was supposed to be a picture. LOL

LOL , please don't rub it in!! maybe a nice Admin will delete this for me??:doh::doh::doh:

building the sump/refugium and Qt room. The reef flow pump is waiting for the start up. Plumbing is laid out, new 5 stage ro/di ready to hook up!! my wife calls this project The Money PIT! next week she's ending me to a shrink?? :eek:

Custom made from a individual who makes any size. the guy is in Alabama. He shut down his LFS last November, and is now building tanks fulltime

well , plumbing is almost done in the sump room. two months on project , had other things slowed me down!! Now the English Bulldogs pups delivered 3 days earlier!! more MONEY$$$$$$. Almost there. I'm at maybe 75% completed. I just need another 75 to 90 gallon tank to setup Refugium. Wiring is done, just need to add the exhaust fan to pull moisture to outside of the basement. then add my last 2 wall panels and setup RODI with top off float assembly. Then setup a separate RODI holding tank for water changes. Any ideas on setting up water changes from sump room? I really need to get water in the system and do a week long leak test with tap water very soon.

I love to watch these build threads. Make sure you use some semi-gloss paint on that bead board so you can wipe the water and salt spray off. I seems to get everywhere. I think you will like it. I used green board and flat paint because I had a ton left over from when I finished my basement. Wish I would have spent another $25 and went with something I could wipe down.

Also, good to see you put those outlets nice an high. I didn't plan well and all of mine sit just about level with the different sumps and stuff.

actually Real, im using 2 coats of minute wax polyurethane on walls and tabletops. I was thinking about overhead though?? maybe leave it open? i will have the moisture fan up above the wall , and vented to the outside of the basement. looks like almost 4k now and still counting. WOW !! how you like my 2 yr old SWC BIGFOOT!! lol , footprint is 16.5" , got it from ARC member.

update on 160 build. Got behind 3 weeks ago , our English Bulldog had emergency c-section. been taking care of 3 pups. so last weekend i got back on the project. Tore down the right side table in sump room, going to put the sump on the floor. purchased a used 90 gallon RR tank for my refuge. finished all panels in sump room , completed the wiring. now i need to finish adding 2 coats of poly on the walls and tabletop. finish the plumbing into the tanks and start a 1 week tap water leak test on the system , also modify any noise related returns or drains. So can't wait. I have really been patient on this project. So this is were i stand right now. PS : pups and MOM are doing great.

Got sump room completed, Time to set tanks , do plumbing and ADD WATER!! for leak test. I will post pics in a hour or two. also painted the floor tropical water color.

Ballpark figure on price of tank and contact info?

What is the cost of the stand and where did you purchase the stand?

As already mentioned by someone else, I concur; the dimensions of your aquarium are wonderful and I foresee many options with your selection of internal dynamics of your aquarium. [Two Thumbs Up!!!]

newroom029.jpg
alt="" />

Edit: Sump is going on the floor to the right, fuge will be on table top and drain into the sump below.

Looking good. Did you epoxy the floor or is that just paint. Either way, you are going to love that. :)

Rd , it is just paint, home depot $31 dollars/gallon , kinda got the idea of the lighting shining off the floor would look cool. that's why i went with the tropical waters color. finally its plumbing time, been a long road so far. but i think this project will bring some color and pleasure to my pad.

Looking forward to seeing it all come together. Not only does the painted floor improve the looks of the tables and bead board but clean up will be MUCH easier. :)

Well , Rd and audience, I should have waited about painting the floor. ??? After all the work and tank moving I have done getting this plumbing setup, I scuffed the floor in several paces, looks dirty now. Hey that's OK I have plenty of the tropical paint! after i get everything setup. Got most of the plumbing done today, dang this takes TIME. and measuring 3 times and cut once, oh yeah I'm not a professional plumber, so it takes a lot longer for me. Fiiled up the display tank, looks like BOTH drains are leaking at the rubber hose were I used a clamp. left side is pretty bad. So I took my shop vac and sucked dry the overflow boxes. Gotta get this fixed. It don't look like the bulkheads. Hum this is gonna be a headache I think. The returns lines and bulkheads have no leaks. Still have the DT filled with water and the power head going. Tank does not leak at the seams so far. Oh well time to get some rest and go back to the Power plant tomorrow.

Edit: http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/realstinger/?action=view&current=thelatest28th003.jpg<br>

thelatest28th003.jpg
>http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/realstinger/thelatest28th003.jpg</a>

Edit: http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/realstinger/thelatest28th008.jpg<br>

Edit: http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/realstinger/thelatest28th002.jpg

Edit: http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/realstinger/thelatest28th008.jpg

Edit:
thelatest28th008.jpg
alt="" />

Edit:
thelatest28th002.jpg
alt="" />

Back